Which hero is beyond saving? :)

Bastion i think. The most. And junkrat needs some serius buffs that couldve been seen as rework.

Note that I absolutely do not want him reworked.
He is in the right. The power creep happening around him is in the wrong. Chars such as soldier and Cree which have less outroaring abilities anf focus mainly on aim and shooting should always be viable in a shooter game, no matter what.

I think that depends. Most Lucio players were quite happy with his rework same with many people who…played with hanzo players lol

Also think it varies. Symm and torb haven’t changed much in this regard

I think this varies. If it full stop succeeds, not so much. Hanzo is flat not a throw pick anymore for most people. Symm and mercy, have significantly less praise but also didn’t go as deep with their reworks.
Maybe it would be different if they had full committed to the reworks instead of keeping the heroes so similar.

The only one I’d agree with is prob Pharah.

She just has basically nothing going for her. She’s countered by more than she counters, no tanks really synergize or are capable of providing reliable protection for her, most maps have pretty wide open sightlines and rare airborne cover, and only three supports are typically capable of healing her without her landing, four if we add Ana.

Bad time to rain justice I guess.

i dont really consider lucios change a rework, im ok with that one, its just an minor reworks,

for all pruposes, Im ok with “minor” reworks, Like, Lucios, Roadhogs, that change some stuff, maybe one ability or a little bit of each,

Well now if you check the Symmetra playerbase, before one small united group is now just as small but now they are heavily divided due to the rework, those who prefer the old and those who prefer the new

you also can no longer suggest any ideas for symmetra because people just say “your angry that your hero takes skill now!1!!11!”

i mean i dunno man, Hanzo is a very controverisial topic and people belive he is now overpowered because he does too much,

Yeah these two reworks caused an uproar in the entire community…Like isaid before similar with sym, people that prefered the old heroes are victims of heavy toxicity by the skill elitist group…

The rework also turned the entire mercy topic into a Taboo no one can talk about without beeing banned or silenced or flagged

I find Brigitte fun to play, but I think she desperately needs one.

Pharah never even should’ve made into the game as she is, so definitely her. Just a terrible concept altogether.

This topic. /10 bootloxes

The Torbjorn rework certainly didn’t ruin him. There may be people who miss various parts of his old kit, but his new kit still feels pretty similar and is a lot more viable.

The rest of the reworks have been… not so great. Arguably successful eventually, but definitely, what was it,

Yeah, that about sums up the rest of the reworks.

Changes can be needed and force happy and unhappy people even for morally obvious things (segregation by race for ex) , so more frivolous things like a game, with significantly less moral implications will have division. Opinions and preference are much more easily defended.

In this regard, no changes are ever “needed”
If I make a movie and like it, and some other people like and fine with it, that’s fine. But if I have a goal in mind, that’s another matter.
If I want it to accurately portray something , an idea , theme, or message… That means some things might need to be changed to do so.

So with overwatch, the devs changed their goal. They therefore need changes. :woman_shrugging:t5:

dont come at me with your philosophical stuff :v

1 Like

Lol I’m just saying.its not flat better or worse to have the old or new direction of the game. If you liked the old one, old iterations of the heroes will be preferred. We just don’t have a hard line for some heroes like symm and mercy. They got changed but so much stayed the same. The controversy comes from this imbalance.

After 3 years it has to be Bastion.

Bastion

Brig

Doomfist

And ones who are juuuuust out of reach of the life boat:

Symm

Pharah

Reaper

I agree with your picks though I might add Bastion to the list.

Widowmaker. She fluctuates between useless and god-tier based off her user’s skill, she’s a pain to play against, and there are few buffs or nerfs that could really change that.

None of them? They are all bits of code and can all be changed none of them are ‘beyond saving’

They only rework to streamline or update a hero. Torn was not streamlined or updated. His turrets were outdated.

Um, sorry, but where the heck is Bastion?

And Reaper?

And Junkrat?

I get the feeling some of the people asking for reworks are faking like they care about the hero doing better but in truth hate that hero and hope a rework will make them suck.

Bastion has paid the Charon’s tolls a long time ago.