Wheres total mahem

Yep, it’s my favorite so I’ve noticed too lol. Thanks for replying so fast.

The absence of Mayhem as a regular mode will decrease my enjoyment of the game by about 85%. This would make me very sad.

13 Likes

Man, Jeff really doesn’t want people to enjoy getting their arcade lootboxes, huh? Jeff, the game is for the players. If the players enjoy a gamemode, it doesn’t matter how you feel about it. Phasing out one of the most popular and beloved arcade modes just because “you don’t like it personally” is dumb, selfish, and obnoxious in the extreme.

17 Likes

The day total mayhem is officially removed is the day I uninstall the game. I’m not joking. I only play for mayhem and the events now. (and tbh the anniversary event was extremely disappointing this year… mostly because those 2 trash modes were up for THREE WEEKS STRAIGHT)

Also what’s the logic of “mayhem should be a custom game mode only” when blizzard turned around and made an ACTUAL player made custom game mode into a permanent one? What a joke. Just because Jeff doesn’t like something doesn’t mean the player base should be deprived of the 2nd most played arcade gamemode.

edit: clarified arcade mode in that last sentence.

15 Likes

The only reason I can think of for why they don’t have it available often is probably because people don’t play it as much when it is available. If it was as popular as FFA or mystery heroes I doubt they would remove it.

Just gonna say, WyomingMyst is not part of the Blizzard team and so what they say is not an official dev comment. Pretty sure they were just making a suggestion for what you can do if you really want to play it when it’s not available.

Does seem like an odd decision if it is indeed still a popular mode. I can understand that it’s really unbalanced and not even close to being ‘competitive’, but who cares? It’s an Arcade mode and people have fun playing it :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

I have a group of friends that I have met online who love mayhem. If mayhem isn’t running, the bulk of players don’t play. When mayhem is up, then the bulk of my friends group is online to play. Custom doesn’t really work, even with a large group like ours, our playing times stagger and backfill is an issue.

The bonus to mayhem is that if you have been playing overwatch for A LONG TIME (most of us have been playing since OW began), Mayhem provides a game mode that is a bit harder.

All my friends now look for other games to play as Mayhem has been basically pulled out of main rotation and my OW playtime has dropped from every night to once a week or so.

It’s a shame that this mode is being fazed out, wish there was some way the players could unite to express their desire to have this mode kept in rotation and maintained- off to see if there is a petition I can sign right now.

12 Likes

i dont miss it :slight_smile: trash gamemode if you ask me

Pffffffffffffffftttt.

5 Likes

There’s quite a few you didn’t put up, if you were to put up map-exclusive modes, such as Ayutthaya/Busan CTF or event-exclusives such as Lucioball.

Also, Limited duel is not retired, lol, it showed up on Jun 18th.

Anyway, you happen to know where I can ask for some old arcade rotation schedules? I have a sheet about it and I would like to expand it, right now it only have the schedule dating from Nov 20 2017, I’d like the older stuff.

I just played tm like two minutes ago?

2 Likes

Total Mayhem is in the daily rotator right now, so yeah… its not retired.

It’s the daily for the first time in ages! Gonna be a late night!!!

1 Like

Let me clear something up, because it appears that Wyoming person is lying. Nobody has ever complained about Total Mayhem being in the lineup. The only complaints related to TM are hero-specific; people think Doomfist, Sombra, and Roadhog are too OP.

TM is the only reason I still play Overwatch. There are literally thousands of people on Twitter begging for it to be permanent. And I agree that it should be permanent, or at least have it every other week.

Btw, Wyoming, nobody is gonna want to make a custom TM game… Like… Bruh… Just no. I’m not gonna scroll through hundreds of lobbies to find one, only to wait an hour for a game to start.

11 Likes

Oh look someone left the game. Time to 5v6 because there’s no backfill in custom games.

1 Like

I’m with you on that, if mayhem gets retired, I’m off, it’s been a great 2 years, but I’m off if it’s gone…

2 Likes

You just need to fill the game with like 6 bots until the people come.
People will flock to a game they think is full.

So mayhem was on yesterday and must say had such a blast! Thank you guys, please keep it coming :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why were these dropped?

They sound great honestly.

You forgot the all-McCree one: High Noon.
Also, the all-Pharmercy one.

And I think next anniversary should be dedicated to bringing back all those lovely classic brawls.