EDIT: Overwatch 2 PvP Beta: Week 1 Developer Blog - News - Overwatch
Thanks for this exactly what i wanted

It’s been a week.
How was the beta been received?
What have you taken from it so far?
What was the goal of the beta?
Have you heard us?

What’s next? Is there more betas? When?

Blizzard. Start managing your community. Manage our expectations PLEASE. Tell us what you were trying to do with this beta. Tell us what you have learnt from this beta. TELL US YOU HAVE MORE. I know you have more. You don’t even need to tell us why it’s not all here yet, we know there is more betas we know there is more content to come. But tell us why you chose to give us the content you did, what you want to see from it.

These feedback forums feel like screaming into the void because even the community managers seem to have gone silent as of late.

What is going on? Was there no balance patch for the beta today because of OWL coming up? Why can’t you talk to us? Please?

You said you’d talk to us, and you really tried leading up to the beta (even if some of it was of questionable quality). Now it’s released there is more to talk about than there has been in years, and you just… aren’t.

Tell us you have more reworks, tell us you have more maps, heroes, modes. Tell us about balance. Give us a roadmap.

You told us about anniversary remix events, though they aren’t the best, we now know what to expect. Please do more of that. Just manage your community for goodness sake.

10 Likes

I mean, I imagine they’ll say something when the thing is actually over.

If they don’t then yeah that’d be pretty bad

But why not now? Does this beta really need 3 weeks if they aren’t going to iterate?
I want to clarify I AM ENJOYING IT. But surely they’ve learnt a lot over this week. Feedback from so many people should matter right?

Also what about today? Why wasn’t there a patch, I was expecting a patch. If they’d told us this was it for the beta, would we all be happy? But at least we’d know the goals of the beta, this is the exact thing they wanted to test.

We have loads of players asking about Sym and junk, it is quite clear they didn’t attempt to balance this beta but if they’d have just simply said, “WE ARE AWARE” you know how much that helps players with their experience of the game?

1 Like

Agree with these sentiments wholeheartedly. Communication always feels silent and nonexistent; when it happens it feels like it HAS to be this super ‘official’ thing and it’s rarely ever down to earth. (This seems to be partially the result of Jeff Kaplan as a voice, but that could have come from other internal developments as well)

Beta is, of course, a very novel thing, but for as long as I’ve played Overwatch event/major update patches have almost always come on Tuesdays and balance patches have almost always come on Thursdays. Basically I expect that day to come around and then we’ll get things.

Edit - the new blog update makes it seem VERY likely we’re getting that 2 PM EST Thursday patch goodness

Still waiting on literally ANYTHING regarding the future past this beta, though. There are like 6 hero releases unaccounted for just in the previous release schedule, and we haven’t been given a drop of information about the PvE in over a year.

2 Likes

Better to go over feedback from 3 weeks IMO because more people will have gotten used to how the game plays.

Isn’t Thursday always the balance related patch day?

I’d normally say to just have low expectations so you wont be disappointed.

However, i expected the worst and I’m still shocked.

2 Likes

More beta drops on the 5th so probably a list of balance changes on Thursday.

Was hoping for today though.

1 Like

I hope you are right.
But these hopes could simply be avoided with a forum post.

1 Like

I don’t think they’re going to say information like that (because Blizzard) and if they did it, I think it would be too soon. Normally they would hold a survey of some sort as well after a beta event than share all that data as a form of graph or other details along with further plans and information. A great example of this was Gundam Evolution did this just recently with their beta testing. I recommend people to check that out, it was interesting data. There is also the case of it being a closed beta, and there are more drop events soon and they may want to give more access then before determining outcomes of the beta tests.

Even if they don’t want to share feedback. Tell us your goals.

What was this beta for? Who knows? they never said.

You can interpret that it was to test 5v5, role passives, tank, and less CC since those were the main changes. But why don’t they tell us this, set some expectations.

We are STILL in this beta, so why not tell us about what they intend to do for the rest of the beta cycle? Are they just watching? Are they going to patch it. We know with the alpha they intended to make changes slowly but decided to rapidly test.

What about after this beta. We know we have anniversary 2 at some point. But other than that? when are the other betas, what can we expect in those. A vague roadmap would be nice.

Communication is in the same place it’s been in for the past 3 years. Welcome to 5v5 era of Overwatch, the train with no stops.

I’m uncertain and it’s confusing. Are they releasing OW2 PVP to OW1 or not? I have no idea but my hope is, if the developer update was true regarding decupling pvp from OW2 and releasing content earlier, then we should see some of these things come to the main game after the beta tests. I was personally hoping that these would be implemented early and that the beta was sort of like a ptr style pre-update. But that is just my copium but it would be a shame if we play the new hero and stuff and then it still doesn’t release for a while :frowning:

2 Likes

Wow impatient much?.

Buy the game. We will tell you about the stuff we maybe might add later. Maybe.

I mean…that’s not their job sorry….

They released a beta…they showed everyone ahead of time what it was and what was in it…they said their would be multiple…

People treating it as though it’s somehow the final product is not on them

How about people actually managing their own expectations….or at least setting realistic ones….

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Definitely. It’s been getting really hard to be patient with Blizzard lately. 2 PM EST tues/thurs → nothing → somebody’s angry

which is a rough notion that is honestly unfair to them.

1 Like

They have just given us a good blog actually.

And how do we do this with a lack of information to inform those expectations.

Where’s the communication? Right here.

It’s only been like a week, I’d imagine that they will give us more information after the beta