Where do you see ow in 2 years?

gone, with blizzard and Activision,
no, seriously.
the way they handle players recently and straight up lie to gamers to make money is what got them here in the first place, and if they want to fix the games or their company they have to change so much that it might make them go bankrupt.

(they reap what they sow)

2 Likes

What I hope it looks like-
Better communication from Devs to community.
Fortnite (both pve and pvp), Dead by Daylight, and Warframe both big and small community games have consistent dev streams. They have devs and community managers who are active on Twitter, forums, and reddit. They communicate with the community, acknowledge feedback, create roadmaps, and updated quite frequently. They may not be perfect but they are very active, all 3 very different games. They also tend to take criticisms quite well, and dont hide from the community.

More content, the game has grown, they have merchandise, OWL, more players, yet they have decreased the amount of skins during events, the events are the same as their previous years, with archives being the exception. They very very rarely add new skins to the base loot. Skins = Money and money in turn helps more content grow. I used to buy lootboxes religiously during year one and part of year 2. I would again if they put more content out, outside of events, or increased the amount of skins during events. They said that balancing, and features are the reason, however most upcoming features are held secretly until they are close to being finished. Whatā€™s to say that itā€™s a feature the community doesnā€™t care about or want. That goes back to communication. Granted itā€™s a big community and feedback will never be 100% on one side or the other but seeing what people think before putting money and work into a system they may not want is a waste. Not saying they did that, but just in regards to all the secret stuff they say they can never talk about.

Less shields and Stuns. More main healers.
Mercy is the only healer who cannot heal, and attack at the same time. Either we change Mercy to do both like the others, or add more diverse main healers. I am just over shields personally lol. No more lock on heroes, they got rid of symettras lock on, but we still have Moira, one lock on hero is one too many in my opinion. That goes for turrets as well.

More lore, cinematics etc. That goes without saying. Winston has been calling the team back for almost 3 years, Iā€™m ready to see whatā€™s next, keep the past stuff to archives (with the exception of single character background cinematics thatā€™s fine)

Community contests, create a skin, map ideas etc.
I could literally talk about it for days, which is sad because Iā€™ve gone from putting in several hours a day to a couple hours a week. While I dont care for the game how it is right now, I hope it gets better.

Also I dont expect anyone to agree with me these are just my personal ideas and hopes.

1 Like

Maintenance mode. Itā€™ll have had its last hero in 12 months.

I want it to be so much more, but it doesnā€™t feel like it working out for them.

2 Likes

6th iterations of seasonal events with no new content. A few lines of new lore.

Probably dead, already kinda dying now.

2 Likes

I need my Warcraft fix so I hope that survives lol. OW is pretty far gone though

D e A d G a M e D e A d G a M e

Probably f2p, past its heyday but still loved by a sizeable, core group of players.
Updates will probably be slower, but new heroes and balance passes wonā€™t cease completely.
Hopefully weā€™ll finally get proper replays within two years, maybe even clans/guilds.

the two most balanced heros of the game ye

Worse balance, same events, and much more OWL.

2 Likes

Community-policing instead of autobans, proper scoreboard showing % healing received, fixed stats page with match history and usage uiā€¦ one can dream lolā€¦

This though is coming and being worked on right now. They want to bring the replay system from the World Cup into the main game (and Iā€™m hoping theyā€™ll add it to OWL, too).

Personally, given the discussion around role queue, 2/2/2, and/or hero bansā€¦ itā€™s not quite the hot topic like 1HL vs NL was back in the dayā€¦ but some stuff like this might end up in Comp (like it or not) 2 years from now.

Two years down the line, thereā€™ll definitely be some kind of guild system. May or may not be integrated with other Blizzard titles.

Thereā€™ll be the standard amount of heroes/maps/skins added, nothing more or less.

Itā€™s a long shot, but in 2 years there might be even be core gameplay changes to things like: heal stacking, no-accel movement, fixing how CPs workā€¦

Thatā€™s far from even being slightly true.

OW will be dead. Itā€™ll only hold a small core community, and majority of them will be smurfs.

Balance has been on the decline for 2 years now, and the only way to fix that is to remove the common denominator, which is highly unlikely since it came here from hots.

Lore will always be on a trickle, and OWL will just grasp at staying relevant as an esport.

OW is done growing, and itā€™ll just have that same core community just brainlessly buy lootboxes because ā€œmeh, coolā€ and then go on with their day.

Everyone is already trickling out, and those that stay just abuse the smurfing system.

Oh well, itā€™s obvious that Blizzard isnā€™t trying to fix their mistakes.

exactly the same with different but still terrible meta and few more wrong nerfs/buffs

I donā€™t think it will be that bad, and its better to look on the positive side of things. But even if balance goes down hill and they stop adding new stuff, there will always be custom games where I reside, which still have almost endless potential.

I still donā€™t think that Overwatch is going to die anytime soon though. and that we will still get albeit slow updates and new heroes and maps and hopefully more custom game settings.

Wouldnā€™t be surprised if the team gets gutted like the Heroes of the Storm team

Thats a good one :ā€™) a ā€œbalanceā€ team that thinks its a good idea to bring back spam the hammer is not a good one. A ā€œbalanceā€ team that buffs reapers life steal when its his shadow step crying out for changes is not a good balance team.

1 Like

Youā€™re not wrong, but I think that the balance team can get better and learn from their mistakes. And they at least tried to buff DPS heroes, even if they were pretty bad buffs

It really depends on how they do things this year. If the game sort of takes the same path it did last year, then itā€™ll be on itā€™s way out in two years.

However if they start engaging with the community and release new events, essentially just making people excited about this game again. Then I think itā€™ll be here to stay. Hopefully the team behind Overwatch knows what they need to do to keep this game going.

Itā€™ll probably be dead to me by then, itā€™s not a bad game (even with itā€™s many problems) but i canā€™t picture myself continually playing it for 2 years.

I havenā€™t been playing it this week and the only time i played it this month was for the ana skin, itā€™ll further go into hibernation for me in the future once some games come out that i want to play and because iā€™ll be playing less tank after the ptr patch.

Same as always. And same people will also be spamming the forum with threads on how this game is dead ā€“ even 20 years from now.

Players come and go, so like any game, itā€™ll still be played.