Where did Soldier go?

armor is highkey broken

Helix rocket breaks armor. He’s just harder to use against armor, but he can still melt armored targets by scoring a direct hit as a leading shot instead of a finisher.

Mercy’s sustained healing nerf, if it goes live as-is, will also be a huge buff to Soldier and other sustained damage heroes.

armor doesent just affect soldier…

While true, this thread is about Soldier.

ok youre right im in the wrong here but its not like he can use helix on armored targets 24 seven, tbf b4 this meta he was pretty ok but god is he trash rn

Barriers, barriers everywhere!

It’s been said, his DPS is fine, but his burst is a bit lacking so he rarely solo kills. Most teams want double sniper (Widow Honza) as their DPS.

Nerf the OP heroes and Soldier’s pick rate would skyrocket causing any of his problems to become clear.

He was used shortly as side angle shooter. But people found out widow with a Mercy flying by now and then does 10 times better at sidelines

Developers said themselves that the “mid range” damage dealers are getting outshined by the snipers and that’s why they fiddled with their falloff damage in Tuesday’s upcoming patch.

I personally think part of it is, times people would maybe pull a Soldier, McCree gets pulled always instead now simply because he also brings stun to the stun comps.

I still enjoy my soldier. When I have a good tracking day I stomp. But true, snipers are the issue. A good widowmaker will render him useless to pick.

Godmode Hanzo and widowmaker cause any midrange heroes to not be usable.

The range buff on PTR does bugger all. (Have you been on the PTR?) Unlike McCree, Soldier’s fall-off range was huge to begin with.

The biggest problem for Soldier with long range damage is his spread.

There were plenty of threads on the topic. But unlike some mains, us Soldier mains just switched to Widow and stopped whining on the forums after one or two posts on the subject. There’s nothing we can do… it’s out of our hands. There’s no point in inundating the forums with a constant deluge (90%…) of posts about the subject. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Soldier 76 is a pointless pick against barriers, snipers and partially dive. Just play Tracer and you will do at least as much damage, plus live longer, combo ultimate with grav and pick off enemies in the back line.

I don’t see a point in having Soldier 76 in the game at all in current state. What is he strong against? Nothing.

he just got a buff what more do you want? at least let him hit live servers with new change

Yes, Soldier’s damage past 40 meters is very relevant. It’s important that it’s higher now.

He is in a really bad spot. With shield stacking and brawling, sustains DPS can’t do anything to the comp.

His Time To Kill is much higher than Widow’s, Hanzo’s, and Doomfist’s. Why use Soldier 76 when another hero does the job better?

If you hold down the trigger, sure. If you fire 4-shot bursts, he’s as accurate as Widowmaker. Three bursts to the head on the PTR will kill Widowmaker at any range while shaking her aim around the whole time.

There will be very real opportunity for a skilled Soldier to actually fight back.

Why does no one ever mention his heal? That AoE heal is boss!

I love dropping it at the feet of my Ana, or Symmetra, or even my tanks when I see them taking sustained damage.