Where are the support players?

I agree, You should start playing them.

1 Like

“Don’t cater to the largest part of our playerbase”
Imagine trying to cater any product to a small market and getting a lot of revenue…
Sheesh.

1 Like

I also find it funny referencing another set of people that have been known to be in denial consistently.

All the support players on this forum are stuck in bronze LOL, cause I hear them complain about it non stop, then they turn around and say the role is unfun lmao, you’re bronze for a reason buddy

1 Like

I see you are new to how Competitive oriented fps work.

Yes this type of fps ignore the normal casual players.

Instead this fps create around themself a new type of casual players.

This is how always worked in game like fps arena or counter strike and similar.

BUT THEYRE LITERALLY PLAYING DPS NOW. How are “support players” bad when they complain about support, but suddenly just become insane pros the second they start a game of DPS?

You can’t hand wave all criticisms as “you’re bad” especially when what’s happening above is happening.

Except it is given as an insult. It always is.

For example in League despite being the same rank on top I am on support I get told to shut up all the time because I’m a “boosted egirl support”

This attitude always leads to toxicity and is based around lies and half truths almost all the time.

Class based fps games haven’t existed for decades! It’s still an immature genre.

It didn’t fail…

Attitude toward it got worse over time because they stopped working on it to work on OW2 pve. If they didn’t, nobody would’ve gone sour towards it.

That said, it wasn’t a failure at all, it was still super popular and was still making money.

There’s a lot more wrong with your statements, but I’ll leave it at this.

9 Likes

I found it hilarious when he assumed he was the only person playing FPS games for years.

5 Likes

They are all on this forum, lamenting their lot in life and seething over DPS players. Give them time, they might queue back up again.

Yup and then in his next statement assumed I was new to FPS when I have been playing FPS games for 20 years. I’m sorry that you don’t want to call companies out for simple laziness and lack of foresight. Just because I don’t have the same opinion as every self declared FPS pro player I must certainly be some new Egirl trying FPS games. shrug

2 Likes

I don’t honestly know what to tell ya’ll. It’s gonna be hilarious to see ow1 problems come back AKA 20 minute DPS queue times and people being upset about it preaching to the choir. KEK

1 Like

My DPS rank is higher than my support rank.

That has never happened during any of the 26 seasons I played in OW.

So you trying to tell me that I somehow, magically, despite not playing ANY FPS games since S26 OW1 to OW2 release, I’ve gotten much better at DPS than I did at Support?

Nah.

I see you not understand the first point so i go to the others.

This is how Competitive fps work, if players don’t accept their skil level, maybe playing competitive fps isn’t a good idea.

The first team fortress haved a medic class and is from around 1999.

Same for Wolfestein enemy territory or battlefield 1942, both of 2002/2003.

There was various games in this decades haved class based gameplay.

Yes is failed, a working game not need multiple total rework, even starting a few months from the launch.

You are still in denial, i hope for you to pass to the next soon.

Is only a matter of time, maybe a bit more considered seems the first time you see the direction change of a videogame.

This is not the issue for most supports, sounds like you don’t understand the real issues nd just are saying “git good”.

Is an issue for majority of supports in this forum.

They complained of this even before Overwatch 2 betas come out.

I love "Forum Torb" and “Forum Reaper”, they just press W+M1 and obliterate everyone.

Buddy Im sorry to tell you that all roles require “skill” but Support requires more multitasking than Mechanical skill. Its not even up for debate.

1 Like

That is exactly what it is. I can’t believe people see this as an answer. Sure there are some people who want to get better, but that doesn’t mean every person that comes to play a video game actually care about that. It’s coping. Most people play a video game to have fun and if they don’t have fun they should quit playing it cause it is no longer fulfilling it’s purpose.

It feels really toxic that people need to feel like they need to explain themselves. If you aren’t having fun you are not required to play that role or this video game. This only benefits you. I just find it funny cause this is a negative consequence for people that don’t want lengthy queue times and such.

4 Likes

BUT THEY’RE LITERALLY MOVING TO THE “UBER HIGH SKILL ROLE”

They’re not quiting the game. They’re complaining about the state of support, then playing the role that everyone claims is the hardest, AND NOT COMPLAINING WHILE PLAYING THAT ROLE.

How does any of this make sense with your lens?

10 Likes

I’d argue that due to the fact that support generally requires more game awareness, positioning and multitasking than DPS that inherently means it needs more skill.

DPS can make up for a lot of mistakes in those other areas on mechanical skill alone. Not as true for support (tho it is to an extent)

That’s not to say DPS requires no skill, but the skill floor to be effective as a DPS is lower than the skill floor to be effective as a support.

8 Likes

And the ones which you are saying are low skilled are moving to DPS.

8 Likes

Really you are doing so much confusion.

I repeat to you, accept ow1 casual gameplay is dead.

Ow1 will not come back.

There isn’t anything more to discuss considered your problem to accept this situation.