--Closed---Thread--

Counter Hanzo with another Hanzo

That stlll doesnt add up tho, if he was strong with mouse and keyboard he would have been used at top lvls on pc too, but he wasnt. Dont get me wrong, hanzo is currently OP and deserving of the nerfs, but he only became that was after the rework, so beginning of season 10.

Well this guy probably use MK too, like i said, masters and above are full of those cheaters, Smurfs on console aren’t really that bad close to it.

But it does though?

Mouse and keyboard is easier to aim with than a controller. Hanzo is particularly easy to play with mnk versing controller players.

He’s OP, I’m GM. Hanzo has no counter.
Atleast you’re not a Hanzo main- dm you are.

OMEGALUL

4 Likes

Respectfully disagree. Dive consisted of leaping in, training the supports that are mostly immobile (outside of Mercy and Lucio at the time), push point. Any counter play was out of the question because counters to said dive heroes were in bad spots. Winston requires no aim, Genji mostle relied on his three shiruken spam–which is forgiving af, DVA’s rockets don’t exactly require fine mechanical skill, let alone her primary fire, etc. I think you’re being a little biased.

Dive shouldn’t have lasted as long as it did. It hurt this game, and gave people a sense of entitlement for lasting as long as it did. So much so that the moment it changed people took to the forums screaming about how their character was crapped on–ignoring the fact that supports had been getting crapped on for, what, 4, 5 seasons straight?

Entitled.

1 Like

I understand the hanzo will be playing vs easier players due to using a controller, but if he was strong with mouse and keyboard, he would have been played on pc, even if they do not have an advantage in peripherals.

You’re taking my words out of order. That’s being manipulative, he is strong obviously, he’s meta, but he’s not godlike, there’s a huge difference, and sorry if you can’t understand that, or chose not to.

Dive metas pros outweigh spamzo metas pros.

1 Like

Not saying you’re wrong there, just that I disagreed that Dive comp promoted skillful play. It was who dived first. :laughing:

Of course, I ain’t about to say spamzo requires mechanical skill. That’s why he’s called spamzo.

You fire enough, with his hitbox, SOMETHING is bound to hit.

What meta has been more skillfull than dive? Dont forget the amount of coordination that is required to execute it well compared to the other metas we have had. Also that in almost every lvl of play dive wasnt ever meta, people ran some dva and genji sure, but didnt run the full comp or actually work together with it.

Well no because you dont have an advantage over the enemy team. The whole point is that Hanzo with mnk is easy on console because of controllers but would be hard on PC because everyone uses mnk

If a meta is built round a single character then maybe he needs a little nerf, that’s how games tend to work, in a game with multiple characters to play if he is strong and meta then maybe a little tuning to make other characters step up to the plate is needed.

Hanzo is obviously crazy op, I don’t know what the original poster is thinking. He isn’t ruining the game experience for me (I am perfectly happy to play my scrub-grade Hanzo, and he doesn’t get an excessive number of kills on me) but a lot of other heroes have been totally ruined by him, like McCree, Soldier 76, and Tracer. And he’s driving the current meta, which has ruined numerous other heroes (Orisa, Roadhog, Dva, lots of other DPS, etc.) He needs a huge nerf for the health of the game, regardless of whether you personally have trouble with him.

It was absolutely not “who dived first”. That’s just 100% false. Jumping in means your mobility is on cooldown, so it’s a disadvantage unless you can guarantee a kill. If you randomly “dived first” you would lose the fight guaranteed.

Dive meta was zerg meta. You didn’t need a microphone to coordinate–while it of course certainly helps. I say that because every fight goes the exact same–with Winston leaping to the back line the moment Genji and Tracer were set to go. I played Winston for a good bit during, and all you had to do was wait for your flankers, and it was pretty much a wrap.

Ironically, as much as supports hated Dive meta, we carried it.

Yeah Hanzo isn’t strong, it’s not like he can outperform every other DPS in close, mid ,and long range right?

1 Like

Im really curious, do you play above like gold? Cuz there is no way someone who actually played in dive at a high rank, would believe anything you just said.

More than half of the top 500 base has Hanzo in their hero pool = he isn’t OP…