--Closed---Thread--

Generalize much? XD I’m gold and have never made a “Hanzo is OP’d plz nerf” post.

Hanzo is actually less of a problem in gold and below than other ranks for a couple reasons:
1.) You still need semi-decent aim to be effective with him. Meaning characters like Junkrat and Pharah are going to outshine him in and around silver/low gold.

2.) Few people gold and below can play Zarya well enough to synergize with him. You see 5+ GravDragon combos in a GM game. You see like 2 in silver-gold games.

I don’t have too much of a problem against him 1v1 down here, even on Tracer. But I know he’s much more of a problem in the higher ranks.

I will say while playing AS him, though, Storm Arrows do feel kinda cheap. You can pretty much gib any squishy that you set your sights on. I can only imagine that’s worse in the higher ranks where Hanzos have better aim.

And you’re joking about my plataform? Oh…nice

1 Like

yeah hanzo isn’t op i mean he has just

• An ability that can consistently burst down tanks who are close range
  • Does great damage on close, mid AND long range
  • Can easily block paths simply by spaming arrows into one diraction
  • Has a short radius widow ult on a low cooldown
  • An Ult that is easy to combo which can also provide area denial
  • Great horizontal and vertical to reposition and escape at will
  • Huge damage output in general and one shot potential out of any range
  • and he Is like widow just a thread by being in the game but has lower skill floor which means that you don’t even have to be realy good at him to be impactful

You know i even feel like he is a bit underpowered
so why don’t we just give him back scatter as primary fire
Just to make things fair

2 Likes

con·fir·ma·tion bi·as
noun
the tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of one’s existing beliefs or theories.

Oh Gold… Again

Hey I’m Top 500 and I think Hanzo is OP.

5 Likes

You know, maybe the character that always countered him? Like, Genji? But nah, too hard to use Genji nowadays right…

You think Genji counters Hanzo?

Genji always countered hanzo, the problem is people expecting that every character Hard counters another.

It’s not like you pick Genji, instantly the enemy Hanzo dies, same with Genji and Winston, you can’t expect an easy ride just because your character is supposed to counter someone, but yes Genji always countered Hanzo.

1 Like

To be fair, Genji probably has the best mu against Hanzo of any of the DPS rn. He’s the closest thing to a “counter” in the game.

Doesn’t change the fact that Hanzo is OP.

2 Likes

I mean, it’s probably closer to an equal matchup rather than a full on counter.

One body shot, and a storm arrow and a stiff breeze is enough to kill a Genji

:thinking:

1 Like

It has been a bit under 1.5 seasons, not almost 3.

Different meta’s on console :stuck_out_tongue:

Why would he have been meta b4 rework on console? Find that odd and prob not true.

Because lots of people use mnk on console and hanzo is pretty easy to play with mnk :slight_smile:

Then why wasnt he played on pc with mouse and keyboard?

Because people with mnk on console as hanzo had an advantage over controller players. It’s easier to aim with mnk than it is to aim with a controller.

Because they need to feel better by cheating and having advantage, pretty much every GM on console is using MK