Whenever I get my new comp rank it says bronze 5

Every time you rank up the animation is supposed to show your current rank and then the new one. I have been trying to climb back to gold since I keep ketting deranked like im starting from scratch everytime. For example, I will be silver 3 and win 5 games in a row and the ranking animation will start with it showing bronze 5 and then flashing to bronze 1 and I shave to start climbing again. This exact process has happened 3 times in a row now and I have to keep starting from bronze 1 over and over. I used to be a mid gold and am doing decent in my games so I dont understand whats going on

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue but gold to plat. I just got into the game, I have 56 wins Damage and 25 wins support, with BOTH ranks I got to plat 5 won all 5 games in a row and the animation (and my rank) keep “promoting” from gold 5 to gold 1. The first time I figured this was just a bug and moved on with my life but i barely have time to play the game and it just keeps happening

2 Likes

I’m starting to get real familiar with the term elo hell

2 Likes

Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s a ton of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. If you can, could you record your bugged rank adjustment, making sure that at some point in the video it shows your pre-adjustment rank, either from the queue menu or the career profile, and link that video to the thread? Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Over the last week i went from plat 1 to silver 1 because of this. with every rankup I get it sends me down 1 sr and then gives me a rank up.

1 Like

me too i have the same issue but in silver

2 Likes

This just happened to me tonight. I was Silver 5, won 5 games, and it showed me as ranking “up” from Bronze 5 (which I’ve never been in) to Bronze 1. I was fully expecting to rank up, too… =/
I’m so sorry this has happened to you 3 times!! That’s brutal.
I hope Blizzard addresses this soon.

Edit: It’s happened twice now. I feel like there’s no point playing comp until this is fixed.

1 Like

This happened to me too. I won 5 with a bunch of losses and derank to plat 4 then went 5-2 or so and the animation showed gold 5 to gold 1. Happened twice now. I climbed back to plat 5 then next 5 wins it shows gold 5 to gold 1

1 Like