When will you fix Ashe aim?

I actually know what you’re talking about there with the FPS drop when ADSing. I feel the same way, but noticed it wasn’t the rest of the game (like the map or characters anything elsewhere on the acreen) but instead the actual animation of the screen zooming and and Ashe’s scope popping up. It’s definitely hard on the eyes.

Hmmm… Seems like your own personal problem with aim. Try adjusting her scoped in settings. Also watch kephrii on youtube work her magic. No tweaks needed to be done by the devs. The only tweaks that need to be done need to come from YOU.

3 Likes

Been thinking the same. Her aim is definitely off.

2 Likes

I myself only get 70 FPS so I see no difference. The auto click bothers me though.

I haven’t had any of the described issues. I play at 144hz and animations and scoped aiming feels buttery smooth, and I haven’t noticed any issues with my shots connecting. They do not feel like projectiles to me in any way, and the shooting feels very reliable. The only issue I have so far is adjusting to the scoped sensitivity - I have yet to find one I’m perfectly comfortable with.

It’s a level action. Of course it’s one click per shot…
Also, “Scope”? She has no scope. Just an iron sight.

I’m also on 144hz. Her shots feel either delayed, or like there is some sort of random offset from the center of the cross-hairs. I use a dot cross-hair and sometimes I’ll have it lined up and it doesn’t connect. Sometimes it does. It’s weird.

4 Likes

How a gun fires with respect to button presses is an arbitrary design decision of the game. Holding down LMB could easily be programmed to have the character fire as fast as the fire rate allows while still maintaining the same animations and concept of a lever action rifle. For example - A revolver requires you to pull the trigger once per shot but McCree can hold down the button to continue firing automatically.

3 Likes

I’ve been having similar issues. I adjusted my settings to match Widow and Ana, and it’s a little better, but it just feels like I’m not hitting anything.

I can hit things with all the other hitscan characters just fine.

I know, I am just musing :slight_smile:

I feel it’s also clunky to ads after throwing the mine. The delay where it doesn’t let you ads for like 0.5 seconds or so is just weird.

Thought I was crazy. As a widow main, I struggled with Ashe’s scope for some reason. Shots that should have hit weren’t hitting.

Something is very wrong with her scope.

6 Likes

I usually don’t play hitscan but I love her so I am trying her out.
I find her aim is better than expected but I learned to let the game correct the recoiled rifle for me.
You have to either turn the auto correction off in settings or learn to let go of your aim for a fraction of a second and let the auto correction do its thing.

That said I find the aim for all hitscan characters slightly sluggish in OW compared to single player fps games.

I’ve started another thread cause i was wondering…
Good to see it’s not just me

Her aim is definitely off. I keep firing into the heads of stationary targets, only to see no damage be registered. I began to question my own ability, so I play a few games as Widow, and had no such issues whatsoever. Ashe has issues.

2 Likes
  1. Ashe LMB no scope has spread.
  2. The scope FOV is different from Ana/Widow and needs to be compensated for differently (51.44 is the new 37.94, btw).
  3. The massive FPS spikes from PTR did not transfer to live (thankfully), but yeah the scoping animation is a little nasty. Doesn’t really affect my aim, probably because I use toggle zoom… I dunno…
  4. Remember to turn off the “aim compensation” setting if you have it off for McCree/Ana/Widow as well.

Personally, it took me maybe an hour or so to get used to the new scope (and 51.5 scope sens) vs bots… I feel like I’m basically there now.

1 Like

Why does it feel like Ashe ads has spread? That just me?

2 Likes

For a noob like me, can you explain a little what you mean by that?
Or point me to the right links or vids or whatever?

My guess is they want to give people a skilled hero. I thinks it’s good and as I play a Symmetra like all the time. Ashe is fine and Sym is getting close

I don’t see what the issue is, she plays like Ana. Don’t have any problem aiming with her. Also her weapon is manual, not automatic. Clicking every time per shot makes sense and is actually cool and attention to detail.

1 Like