When will the Genji buffs arrive?

I’m currently playing on the PS4, until all of my PC parts arrive.

Sometime today probably, if at all.

2 Likes

The chance they’ll go live are low already due to how the community recieved it and how experimental isn’t treated as PTR.

Chance still stands, though don’t get your hopes up.

3 Likes

I hope it goes through. Genji players have suffered for too long. We deserve this break.

1 Like

The developer post said they liked the changes and they were successful, and if anything said that they were looking at more buffs if these aren’t enough.

There’s going to have to be a patch either way, we can’t just trash Hanzo and Echo’s changes without a reason why.

4 Likes

this restored my hope. thank you, frost. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hopefully, never…

3 Likes

There is a chance the the genji, and moira, stuff wont go through…

But regardless today is most likely the day we will know

They said they were really happy with the Genji results, Moira not so much.

High chances the changes will go live based off of that developer comment.

1 Like

AFAIK they won’t be coming live and were there just to gather data on how they could possibly tune Genji to be more of a niche burst flanker against hit-scans competing against DF and Echo, but it’s possible that at some point they rebalance Genji and add some of the buffs to him

I’m praying they don’t, game will be miserable with all the edgy Genji mains POOPing on your backline support in seconds if you’re not GM+.

1 Like

Devs already confirmed they were happy with the buffs and pushing it to live.

Otherwise what’d be the purpose of the Hanzo or Echo changes if it was all just going to be thrown away, especially when no feedback was given on either.

2 Likes

They specifically said they’d not be pushing the Moira changes to Live, which suggests to me that pretty much everything else is going in. I wouldn’t be surprised if we got them later today, but failing that I reckon they’ll be arriving tomorrow or Thursday.

My favorite is when they admitted she was too easy, that really must have hit the moira players real deep lol

5 Likes

Only because they don’t seem willing to tighten the darn beam.

1 Like

There’s nothing about them releasing it live there though. They’re just satisfied with the data that they got from the experimental card which is useful to them for their overall goal when they’re going to “try to find a stronger niche for Genji” which will most likely mean rebalancing his kit with an adaptation of the changes that were also done on PTR. They use very explicit wording like they did with Moira when they actually put changes through or completely pull them out. I don’t care if they push the changes live or not, but I’m just saying don’t get your hopes up

1 Like

After the end of anniversary event, so tonight maybe.

Get ready to be dissapointed.

Either today, or Thursday