When will the devs respond to beta criticism?

Have this strange feeling the next beta patch isn’t going to address the issues with supports very well. Suspect it will be a few number changes, possibly even some nerfs. With OWL about to launch on the beta, they can’t afford to have significant changes as league players won’t have time to adjust.

Figure we won’t have significant beta updates until after the first OWL tournament.

Yeah, Beta 2 will be when they do the fixing, which will be after they have seen how OWL plays.

when is that going to happen? the tourny?

Will we ever get 6v6 back but with zero double shield? Can we do 132? Can we nerf low skill heros even more? Will the graphics be better?

Thats what i would ask. Knowing blizzard it will be awhile before we hear anything, they will say they hear us but then do nothing about it and make the game 4v4 somehow

Late May/early June if I recall.

Edit: Kickoff Tourney starts June 2nd.

beta ends may 17th right?

Considering our forum consist of supports topics not liking stuff here and there by around 70-80%, you are right. But this would be rebuilt, new players come, old, who can not adapt will just leave. There is nothing shocking to use your kit by 100% instead of using it by half or third, just healbotting or wasting your abilities. Those are basically low ranks who play like that. Thanks god, high ranks are the engine of this game. I see no reasons to not like OW2 yet, even myself being very conservative boomer person like this new approach. OW1 playstyle was always lacking of something that exist in OW2. And that is just a Beta, which will improve more.

Yep. The issue will be how many, and from which roles?

The game may end up having to adapt to them if there is enough of them.

Personally, I think that a lot of what people are seeing right now is people getting used to new maps. It is hard to position right, when you don’t know the map, or the usual paths people take.

But there is something to be said that flankers are stronger now, and that makes supporting less fun, and supporting NEEDS to be fun if you are going to keep the players.

Blizzard can’t afford for them to walk. It was like when hero bans were in place.

Mercy got banned and the Mercy mains just didn’t queue for that week. Hero bans were gone the next week. Blizzard couldn’t afford for them to not queue.

practicality around the playerbase is a strong force.

We already know the DPS won’t take up the support slots, so trying to get DPS from other games to take up support in overwatch is a lost cause.

So Blizzards hands are tied there.

Yes,I believe you are correct. We’re probably going into Anniversary part 2 right after. Three weeks of that will put us around June 7th, which will be right after the OWL Kickoff tournament ends. Perfect time for a fresh beta.

Would you guys fill out a survey after the beta, if they asked you? Something i expect blizzard to do.

I would, I’d be more than happy to. I am surprised there isn’t surveys now.

You can rest assured that “Badman” and team have little to no interest in anything we think. I’ll say one thing the abuse of DPS Moira and Reddit Lucio is out of bounds in OW 2… players are not even thinking they need to heal their teams half the time now just trying survive and secure elims to win.

Ditto.

Again, they need to simply remove the DPS speed boost, it has no reason for existing after a tank was removed. This alone would go along way to balancing out Supports without boosting them.

Obviously not, they have picked the path with confidence, I bet they were ready for that reaction, and that reaction is not that big deal if you know that ppl rarely say good stuff if they like something, but do claims if something is not going their way. It is like if I buy a milk in a store, and it is good, I don’t go somewhere to post my evaluation, but things are different if the product is spoiled.
Stakes were set, risks evaluated and accepted, they will work with new ppl and playerbase now, and that is great. I bet 50-60% of old players will keep playing and the rest 40-50% will realize that they are just stubborn and join back then as they will see the game pop-off without them.

True. Playing sombra, I feel way OverPowered now, having almost 0 hours at her. She is very cheesy. Stealth speed nerf, 40% damage increase would be 25-30 max. And they have to make her unable to move that fast while hacking, speed should become normal.
Genji will thrive without CC, that way he will receive reverts for his damage and deflect, probably.
Tracer is okay now with 17% damage nerf.
What I didn’t tested yet about the flankers: they were already moving 10% faster in OW1, at least gengu and Tracer. Do they move now even faster, or the rest of dps are now just equal with them? It feels like the second one, because fighting with genji now I feel like I can appear behind him or on top of him, and he has to adjust his aim the same as I had to do in OW1 when he had speed advantage on me.

Supports are fun, but harder to play, and that difficulty increase is reasonable. It hits the most for those players who do not compete, but play it casually. But the game is competitive, no matter what mode you play, you have to fight against other players, it is PvP, and dying or loosing is not fun. Therefore, adapt or no fun allowed. I have fun playing Bap and Ana, even my Ana is much worse, but I see when to heal and when to do damage, also I am used to 1v1 as I am on 70% dps main. Can’t see the reason why other players wouldn’t learn the same.

Agree. But that is the point - to learn new game.

That was a test, now we have real stuff, that is a “bit” bigger than OTP enjoyers. This cult needs to go, it is a new ERA for OW.

What really incentivize me is the fact I do farm tickets now playing support instead of Tank, so… I bet I am not alone. Sometimes I end up playing support more even when I stocked up 40/40 passes already. But I don’t play mercy/brig/moira there is no aim in these heroes that I need. But mercy is the best enabler forever.

Sorry for that wall of text, thanks if read it all :wink:

Ironically my mains are DPS, I just chose to main the non-popular ones so I’m sat here watching the popular ones roll lobbies while I try and get miniscule amounts of value and just don’t lol.

1 Like

Sure, but if they don’t have the number of people queuing then they would have to change. Will that happen? I’m not sure.

Yeah, they move even faster. It’s pretty crazy.

I don’t mind harder, but if I end up having to play into 2 flankers every match, I’ll stay playing DPS.

Honestly, I think that is where a lot of the complaints is coming from. Playing into your counters is never really fun, and I think supports are currently having to do that every match.

True, and new maps are fun as hell :slight_smile:

Say what you like Blizzard can’t afford for them to leave. I mean, that is the straight up truth of it. They are still a massive chunk of the playerbase, and on the role you can least afford to lose.

From a game dev point of view, it doesn’t matter if you like them or not, if you don’t want another 10-15 minutes of DPS queue times, you have to keep them.

If we get enough people doing that, then it will be all ok. But the queue times is a pretty good indicator that not enough are willing to do so.

It is like with Tank players, everyones queue times got large, but people still didn’t pick them up on mass.

It is nice! I like bigger posts :slight_smile:

This isn’t a terrible strategy to be honest.

Most people complaining on the forums are doing so just to complain. 90% of the feedback I’ve seen on here during the beta has not been constructive at all.

The past 6 years worth of balance changes say otherwise.

well it looks like they are watching the forums for opinions. Just posted a dev news bit about what is going on with the first week.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-2-pvp-beta-week-1-developer-blog/666841/34

Why would you think they care about some people not liking it?

Go away, play something else, your opinion is irrilevant if many people are ok wjth this