When will Symmetra's survivability get buffed? it's so unfair

Like just be quiet, you don’t know anything about symm im sorry but please we play symm we know her weaknesses ok?.. Stop being against us when u know that we’re right…

4 Likes

#MakeTheMonkeyRegratesUsingHisShield

ah right I am not allowed to have an opinion unless I’m a 3.8k sym one trick

anyway my opinion doesnt change the fact that youre spamming the forums and are reported as such, hope you’ll enjoy your forum vacation!

edit : also, my opinion nor yours changes the fact that she has the highest winrate of any hero, but feel free to conveniently ignore ‘facts’
maybe try learning to swap off sym when youre being countered, thats the real issue here
sym is being one tricked too often

1 Like

Only reason you don’t care is because you’re on an alt. This pathetic mentality is why alts are such a massive issue.

1 Like

im on it because apparently my main can’t post on the forums idk why

Sym has never been above trash tier though. You are making it sound like you actually think Sym is in a good place, and is actually a viable pick.

Such has been proven factually wrong.

who are you trying to escape from exactly? the only things you’d have to escape from fast would be dive heroes… which you can see them coming and pre-reactively TP away wasting there cooldowns… just like widow grapples away. just a tad slower. any other scenario you needing to escape fast would most likely be because your positioning was bad to begin with and you deserved to die.

Agreed, if the enemy team understands you are in the game they can just toss a winston at you and she is ruined almost instantly.

Like ana or zen she is an easy jump target, but unlike zen or ana Sym cant defend herself against Winston, even if she ults!
Her only hope is she has full charge and winston took some previous damage.

Half the time her “escape” tele gets destroyed before it even finishes setting up.

If tele is her personal escape device, buff its deploy time and dont let her team use it for all I care, then maybe it can be permanent until destroyed?

I’d rather just trade it for pro-shield.

you can outplay a winston. but if you do end up having to much trouble. us builder mains have torbjorn to fall back onto. Symmetra > Reinhardt > torbjorn > Winston > Symmetra is generally how my mentality is. and if they have a bastion or reaper… that’s when my Zayra comes out lol

I love Symmetra and feel like she is a strong hero in the right hands. I really don’t believe that she needs to be reworked or have anything drastic changed like some claim…

Her beam doesn’t feel perfect to me - I can make it work but if I commit to using it in a team fight for too long, I end up dying while tunnel visioning on an enemy or something.

Her greatest strength and focuses to me should be her turrets/teleporter and dat right click. The orbs are wonderful, the teleporter works great (I have no issue predicting and using it as offensive and defensive mobility- Symmetra has more tools than most heroes to keep herself alive…) and one of the only flaws I see with it is that 90% of the cool stuff you can do with it is reliant on cooperative teammates.

If I had to buff Sym:

• Speed up her turrets flight time. Let them move like Lucio’s M1 (50m vs her current 15m). Symmetra’s now should already be lobbing turrets around enemies/flankers and erasing them with right click but a speedier turret will help her feel more active in team fights/when getting dived.
  • Give her teleporter the same treatment as DVA’s call Meka skill. If there is a railing, it should break underneath the teleporter. If it is in a weird spot, it should be summoned but moved to the side a bit. Make setting up a teleporter feel as responsive as Ashe’s Dynamite throw or something. Maybe a faster set up time or at least don’t slow Sym down while it sets up.

In the end though, I believe her greatest weaknesses lie in the game itself rather than her. We can’t keep weakening utility in this game out of fear of losing that COD feel. We also have to address the player’s tendency to stick to the same 6 heroes throughout the whole match. There should be a strong benefit to swapping.

Let those turrets fly faster and fry people. She only needs a few nudges in power and a team that can work with her! If ult charge slowed down every time a hero used it then maybe teammates would swap around more often and strategize with using Symmetra during certain parts of the battle. She isn’t weak at all; just needs a bit more.

Please show us your sym gameplay, we need to practice twitch tele’s during the time between when winston jumps and then lands on your head.

Especially as sym is now a front line shield basher anytime there are enemy shield tanks, maybe u play with less then 10ms ping and can pull it off or something? I’d love to see it anyways please post.

I sit at 70+ms at all times, going over 100ms here and there, I really dont think there is enough time to do what u claim consistently.

my ping is usually never higher then 40 ms sometimes in the mid 20s. so yes i do have low ping. i also just have stupidly good awareness.

That is my go to as well, Torb counters monkey, but if certain chars like tracer/genji are designed to be good in every situation why cant sym have nice things too?

Does she forever “NEED” to be niche? I dont think she does.

At this point I would say she deserves to be op for a bit, everyone else gets their time in the sun, why not her?

Buff her like crazy, and once her pick rate normalizes take another look at her and she if she needs adjustment.

Some crazy nerfs they could do to make her “must pick”:

-Let her beam and orbs pierce barriers.
-Let her ult block sombras.
-Give her pro-shield and let her attach to it like a windsail to traverse the map and go vertical.
-Let her pro-shield be held and charged just like orb and it flys away if held too long, gives her a mini rein type feel for a couple seconds here and there.
-Increase her beam range to match zaryas.
-Let her headshot with primary and small orbs. (Makes small orbs actually useful)

tracer and genji symmetra should be able to outplay in her own elo… atleast i have 0 problem with them. i also don’t have an issue with D.va.
Sombra and Winston are the only dive heroes that actually soft counter Symmetra
Symmetra is a soft counter for both Genji and Hammond. it’s a 50/50 for tracer MU. it comes down to the players skill. d.va can be soft countered by symmetra if she’s alone. only real issues are as i said Sombra and Monkey.

highest winrate factually proves you wrong though

2 Likes

Complains about someone being toxic, and then proceeds to be toxic, lul.

Why would a hero with the highest winrate have a pickrate of 0.35% in GM?

1 Like

anyway you lads and lasses have a wonderful day, I said my piece
make sure to get some sunlight once in a while!

1 Like

Exactly, look over what I said because you were proven wrong. Bye troll

hiss you asking me to commit suicide! sunlight is deadly to us vampires! moonlight is much better. #toxic :wink:

1 Like

Well, that’s interesting, because the Symmetra I went up against are always difficult to kill, because they stick with their teammates and they utilize every part of their kit.