When the number 1 hammond thinks nerfing sombra is bad you know it s really bad

as a sombra mains I dont know how to feel about this
should I laught or cry?

2 Likes

for people who are so concerned about how unplayable sombra is they sure can’t wait to play her every match and proceed to do f all nothing

1 Like

She could have a 40% win rate and still warrant being changed, the character design is so low skill and toxic in specific match ups that she needs to be addressed in order to make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

1 Like

ahhaha she already have 40winrate 41% exactly hahaha
it s so funny because you were probably thinking that she was way above

with those 4 nerf for sure she will be at below 40%

1 Like

Have people really been complaining about Sombra? I feel like even when she scores a six man EMP, the scramble to capitalize on it is usually not coordinated enough to actually have an impact. Don’t get me wrong, seen some amazing Sombra plays, but they’re fairly far and few between.

2 Likes

You should meme.

I know what her current winrate is, which is why I used an even lower one to illustrate the point genius.

I’ve been watching a russian streamer (that one the Blizzard promoted on battlenet russia) doing a Sombra Bronze to GM.

I don’t think that she is OP, but incredible frustrating to play against. She hacks you, practically negating that character for 6 seconds (5 on PTR) and when you shot at her, she goes away.

I also have played against Sombras with that playstyle. It’s frustrating.

I don’t think that Sombra will be “fixed”, because her kit, when used properly, it’s just annoying.
I think that it’s a design problem. An ability that negates other players for 6 seconds shouldn’t have ever existed in the first place (both as skill and ult).
Now Blizzard is not going to be able to put her on a comfortable place.

I think its quite obvious she needs ‘changes’. Shes extremely oppresive and antifun to enemies AND often detrimental to her own team (especially with no coms). No buffs or nerfs will change that.

Her kit is awful imo

1 Like

It’s so tiresome, people are forced to run Sombra anyway because certain heroes need a CC like hack to be dealt with. They tried the same thing with Lucio a million years ago but people ran him anyway because speed boost

At the same time they don’t have a problem with Widowmaker apparently.

3 Likes

Funny because yeatle was one of the ones crying for sombra nerfs and even made a video trying to compile everyone asking for sombra nerfs in hopes of Blizzard nerfing her.

2 Likes

I mean what can they do? I love playing sombra, but not enough people play her and a lot of people really don’t like her. How many resources can they justify putting into her?

I never wanted her net nerfed. I wanted two parts of her kit nerfed and then a bunch of buffs to compensate (so it would be a net buff). The issue for me isn’t that she is too strong, but that she feels worse than any other hero to play against (especially as a main tank player). Even then, I admit that her stats are pretty poor.

To be clear, what I wanted was hack duration decreased to 4 seconds (from 6), and for EMP to have more of a cast time. They sort of did both of those things. I also wanted her spread reduced by 10%, 75% movement speed during invis (reverted from 50%), 1-2 second cool down reduction for hack, and for the hack interrupt cooldown to be reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second.

That was all probably too much to ask for in one patch though.

I think any reasonably minded person who isn’t just out to get sombra removed from the game would agree that flat out nerfing her was a bad idea, but probably does need changes as Yeatle suggests. I want to stress that he said changes. This doesn’t mean buffs. This means rebalancing her power so that she doesn’t have very high success with hack and EMP and becoming useless after that. The nerfs to hack and EMP would be perfectly justified if there was actually an attempt to rebalance this power, but there wasn’t.

2 Likes

This thread is a joke, right? You know who Yeatle is, don’t you? That tweet is sarcastic, he absolutely despises sombra. He was the guy who asked a bunch of OW streamers what they’d do if they could make 1 balance change, wanting them to say something about nerfing/deleting sombra

link:

1 Like

are you dumb? yeatle is not sarcastic at all he even put sombra low winrate on gm as an argument against those nerf
he hates her but he doesnt think she deserved to be nerfed like this with out any buff to compensate

1 Like

As a Hammond and Doom main i also think that nerfing her is bad. The only thing i really want a nerf on is the CC on Meis primary what is worse in every aspect than Sombras hack and EMP.

4 Likes

EMP is just now feels so sluggish to pull off.

Seeing how much Mei is getting played in OWL it wouldn’t surprise me if a nerfs on the way.

Down with the Ice Witch! :snowman_with_snow:

1 Like

If that persons icon is any indication of what he plays then I can totally see where he’s coming from…sombra against a Hammond is pretty annoying…mei is pretty much guaranteed death