When sombra hacks zen, his orbs doesn't return

Inspire is activated by her weapon, and weapons’ primary fire are not affected.

What you’re asking for isn’t consistent.

• When Sombra EMP’s Zarya, if Zarya bubbled a target out of the EMP radius, they don’t lose bubble.

• When Brig throws armor pack and gets hacked, armor pack doesn’t cease to exist.

• When Soldier deploys Biotic Field, if Solder gets hacked, Biotic Field doesn’t suddenly stop.

If something is already deployed or en route, it isn’t canceled with hack… it’s only nullified by EMP if its within the radius. Auras aren’t deployables.

9 Likes

No it doesnt, you can disable crossfade entirely in custom games and you still spawn with speedboost aura and it never, ever shuts off (unless of course, there is a Sombra).

And yet it kills Lucio’s passive

I’ve argued for a long that that the way sombra interacts with Lucio is inconsistant. You bring up a good point that if Lucio can lose his passive, why can’t zen lose an ability? It should be both or neither.

1 Like

The custom games thing is an odd inconsistentency that’s always been there.

But when you spawn you can get Lucio announce ‘speed boost’ or ‘let’s up the tempo’ as if he just switched cross-fade. Sometimes.

Also in the patch notes, changes to his aura is put under Crossfade. It is consistent here. I know it’s annoying I’ve played Lucio loads since launch but there is justification.

I think one of the reasons they changed it was because it made hacking Lucio fairly pointless, cos he’d keep an aura on and would still be able to heal or speed his team (depending on which it was), and also made him more survivable as he’d be healing himself while hacked. And he could help keep his whole team alive if an EMP dropped.

Zen… well, it’s a single target 30hps that disappears after 3 seconds sight loss. Hacking him would be more about preventing his ult or preventing discords being placed. And EMP hurts him so much I don’t think Sombra needs buffs against him.

But its not about if hacking them is pointless. Its about consistency. Why make an arbitrary rule for Sombra interacting with Lucio instead of just making Sombra better as a whole?

They didn’t, look at my previous post. His aura has always come under Crossfade officially.

I’ve got another example from his 2017 rework which was about 6 months before they realised and made hack disable the aura (because it is an effect of Crossfade and doesn’t fall under a true passive like Mercy’s regen).

Source: Overwatch Forums

The thing is, removing Zen orbs would be removing something that has been deployed, as I think someone else has pointed out. Unless it’s an EMP, shields, Zarya bubbles etc. don’t just disappear, and nor do things like Moira orbs, Junkrat traps or Soldier’s heal. Lucio’s is a constant aura. Zen orbs are more like a deployable tool.

It wouldn’t make things more consistent.

Cross fade is already deployed though, that’s the entire point.

In the same way that Zen can’t change his orbs that are already out. Lucio used to not be able to change his aura that was already present. They just decided it was a good idea for Lucio to lose his aura, but Zen gets to keep his orbs.

Lucio doesn’t have an ‘off’ mode though, that’s the problem. Zen’s orbs disappear after 3 seconds sight loss, they don’t heal himself, and he doesn’t always have them deployed. Lucio, meanwhile, always has some kind of aura.

Zen needs to switch orbs for them to be effective (from one target to the next, from one healed teammate to the one taking damage, from the bubbled/shielded/dead enemy to the next target. Lucio just has to move close to whoever he wants, which he can do just fine when hacked (the old hack).

Easy of use shouldn’t cause a change. What should matter is consistancy. Each bullet or heal does the same amount regardless of target unless their is modifiers on them. Imagine if every bullet or heal did different values depending on its target?

Hack needs nerfs, not buffs.

Zen’s orb is something that is deployed though… like I said, what you want wouldn’t create consistency. Lucio is the exception to the rule, not the grounds for it.

If a Mei creates a wall, it doesn’t disappear when hacked. If Moira throws an orb, it doesn’t disappear when hacked. Junkrat’s traps don’t stop working when he’s hacked. If Soldier’s heal is already deployed, it doesn’t stop when he is hacked. I’m willing to bet Baptiste’s AOE heal doesn’t stop when he’s hacked either. A shield that is deployed (Orisa or Winston) doesn’t disappear when they are hacked.

So… Zen’s orbs don’t disappear when he is hacked. Seems consistent to me.

Just delete Sombra and say she was a glitch in the system

1 Like

It interrupts and cancels many abilities after the ability is pressed too.

There’s nothing consistent about hack.

It’s entirely a case by case basis for what the devs feel it should or shouldn’t disable.

I won’t go into a full on back and forth with you on this, but I’ll restate my claim once more for the record. It is definitely not case-by-case. There is a Blizzardly logic to it. Sometimes you have to squint to see it, but it is there.

Again, I recommend the video:
h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG-LPbXCI0I

They’ve literally gone by and changed/added things that hack, hacks, because they felt “it should”.

Which is why the video you linked made in 2016, is no longer up to date.

zennyatta orbs are not the same as cooldown abilites

his orbs are more like crossfade where he has no limit to how much he can use them, they’re different from cooldown abilites so you’re comparing them when they’re not same

1 Like