When Overwatch 2's release date is revealed

I would absolutely love if we could get a hero reveal, (maybe like a video or at least an blog like update like TF2), for each day before the actual release.

You are asking TOO MUCH

5 Likes

I can tell you itā€™s not November 11, 2021 or 25th March 2022 ā€¦

Because thatā€™s Skyrim and Wonderlands release dates.

We donā€™t know yet, but they probably starting with the marketing phase of OW2, cauz according to the latest articles, OW2 reached the ā€œfinal stages of productionā€. This could mean we are getting closer to a 2022 release.

So you suppose weā€™ll get more than one new hero. Quite optimistic :eye::lips::eye:

3 Likes

Bruh who cares about a skyrim rerelease

1 Like

Sometime in q2 2022. They donā€™t need to give us anything. Expect delays into the summer.

Why does that matter? Games from different companies release on the same day all the time.

Todd does.

I have 2/465 chance of being wrongā€¦

I think itā€™s a safe claim.

Q1 - Q2 of 2022.

Most likelyā€¦ Q2 of 2022.

Granted. They will begin releasing teasers 3 days before it is released cause they donā€™t have new content.

I am genuinely shocked we havenā€™t gotten any hero reveals. New heroes generate the most hype. No one outside of the current player base really cares about balance changes or hero reworks.

If it is coming in 2022, the date will be revealed at blizcon for sure.

Also they never said anything about new heroes on release (except the one that was showcased) so donā€™t get your hopes high.

Thereā€™s no world in which they donā€™t release new heroes at release. New heroes have always been what has pulled existing players back to the game.

1 Like

I think release date is either May 24th (5th anniversary) or august 30th 2022(summer releases are rarely in june, july).

1 Like

You already have a hero reveal, Sojourn.

They need as strong a media blitz on release as they can, I doubt they would reveal another new character for OW 2 before then to maximize press and the spike in interest.

May 24th will be the 6th anniversary but Iā€™m still going to guess itā€™s going to be that date.

To be specific, they said ā€approachingā€ the final stages. This is a very ambiguous term to use and is likely just PR fluff. The game could be 6 months, 12 months or even longer away.

This was from the earning report. In the new article they specifically quoted from a spokeperson at Blizzard that the game development of OW2 is now in ā€žthe final stages of productionā€œ.