When is the Roadhog new buff coming on ptr?

We want it! Im so curious :smiley:

2 Likes

Will knowing make it come faster?

This is the last we heard:

I’d say two-ish weeks would probably make sense since Jeff says it’s just minor tuning/balancing and not a major rework of any sort. Perhaps they’re reworking hook from the ground up to make it more consistent, and a new animation is required for that? I have no way of knowing for sure, but that seems pretty reasonable IMO.

1 Like

i hope we find out what it is soon because i am anxious and excited, also he said tuning/balancing so we dont know if its a buff

1 Like

The Hanzo animation changes took like a month or something after they’d already confirmed and detailed the new Spam Arrows ability, right? I’m guessing it’ll be a month for the new Hook animations… which hopefully allow Roadhog to more consistently 1-shot combo all the squishies and prevent more of the fair hooks breaking.

1 Like

do we know his hook is the thing getting a new animation though?

As far as I know, all we have to go off is Papa Jeff’s comment. So, no.

a3gis is definitely right that it could be something that will take much longer, but the fact that Jeff said that the changes were intended for the current PTR makes me think that they’re probably pretty close to completion. The vague language definitely has me curious, but since it sounds like it’s going to be minor, I’m not getting myself worked up for something that will redefine Avenuepig.

1 Like

I don’t think we know much of anything. If it turns out to be a nerf I’d laugh, then cry, then uninstall again. My hope is that it’s similar to the Pharah changes and rewards skilled play.

1 Like

i think if he was nerfed i would just cry myself to sleep forever :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I feel like making his abilities (namely hook) more consistent still makes the most sense. Consistency makes a game feel polished, and is especially important in high profile tournaments like OWL and the OWWC. Having a hook break in front of hundreds of thousands of viewers…

https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/overwatch_gamepedia/1/12/Winston_-_How_embarrassing!.ogg

I actually think this has happened at least once, so I bet that’s motivating them to avoid further embarrassment.

2 Likes

i remember it happened on the all star weekend with micke as hog i think, its really hard to tell what they are going to do though because we dont even know what area they think he needs help in