When is 2-2-2 coming?

Now he sounds like a kid on Christmas morning and I love him even more!

With 2-2-2 they can rever the armor nerfs and Brig will even receive a indirect buff and this could help avoiding dive. The only thing that worries me is that until the addition of Hero bans there won’t be anything to stop Widowmaker and all the matches will be mostly Widow vs Widow to decide the outcome of a match just like season 1.

possibly

what I am saying is that they dont need to make any changes to the game software in order to force 2-2-2 in OWL

all it would require is each professional would be assigned a single role, and would have to stick to said role in each match

Hero bans and 2-2-2 are not needed in this game at all

They are wanted by certain folks, but not needed

I hope neither comes about aside from arcade game modes that could involve either or both

1 Like

I am not sure if it is time for Hero Bans as that is more of a way of shake up hero balancing rather than solve the social issues of Overwatch, remember some players playing like a specific hero. Right now, I much rather just have 2-2-2 and see if that makes a positive impact to make the game better to play.

exactly (re: hero bans)

Why would dive even be played if it were suddenly locked to 2/2/2. Bunker is much stronger.

Yes they are. Hero bans will not only take care of the one tricking issue but can also prevent the frustration people have in many ways. Can’t you imagine not having to worry with Widowmaker the whole match? or a Mei constantly freezing you when you play as tank? because i can lol. Every moba like game needs a hero ban system ESPECIALLY Overwatch with all the powercreep.

read my answer above

The most frustrated person of all is the player who can only effectively play (or only wants to play) on specific hero, which then gets banned

Hero bans as an OPTIONAL MODE is fine

Hero bans FORCED is a horrendously bad thing

Doesnt give me the right to force another player to NOT play their most beloved hero. They have every right to play, same as me.

see above

Not needed

Wanted by some, not all. Keyword “want”

Not needed

1 Like

well its pretty clear its coming to OWL

What on earth do you even mean? this literally helps against one tricking which people most of the time hate unless they are carried

Ok have it your way it’s your opinion and i have mine. I don’t think of this as “I wont be able to play as my favorite hero” because i have at least 5 of them and can switch. Just saying that hero bans would work as 1 hero per team at the start of a match and would last the whole game and not 1 hero per round in case you don’t know.

As it stands, former main-tank Seoul Dynasty player, Fissure, who recently retired from professional Overwatch, leaked on stream that there is going to be 2-2-2 on Overwatch League Stage 4. I consider this a highly creditable source, but it is still not yet confirmation. They may change plans (according to rumor, they apparently did planning for Stage 3), but I do not expect them to. I hope we get news of this during the Watchpoint: Postshow on Sunday once the Stage 3 Final is done.

well i just saw an interview and baybbay or whatever the player is called basically talked about it as its coming

This is news to me, do you have a link to this source? (Not to say I don’t believe you, I just wish to read on this.)

Nevermind… I think I found it:

1 Like

well it pretty much sounds its coming

Agreed, but again, unless an official statement is made by the league office whether it be through a OWL broadcast or a press release on the website, consider everything here very darn likely.

Many players are one tricks, and they are within their rights to do so

Every hero is a hero that for some player is their favorite, and/or is the only hero they can comfortably play.

Hero bans deny said player the right to play said hero.

As such, this would be a horrendously bad thing

I think it’s possible that it comes this year. They have been very silent lately, and that happens when they are hard at work on something. Might be it or something else, it’s difficult to tell.

Yeah keep telling yourself that.

The statement I made is truthful, and the analysis of said statement is sincere