When did blizzard stop extending mutes for abusive chat and start giving perma bans?

Well the mute did something. It silenced the account - which 100% solves the issue of bad chat during the entire sentence. You can escalate that component and be 100% fine. They still get to play something they paid for, and are forced to correct their behaviour (e.g. play without it affecting anyone). You’re not offloading the problem somewhere else, i.e. another game or another account.

2 Likes

Except they go right back to it when the silences are over.

1 Like

On the contrary, a perma ban solves it even better.

3 Likes

Gets one gold star from Blizzard marketing. Selling one new account at a time.

2 Likes

It basically makes you think to yourself… “Is this tirade I’m about to go on, worth the $40 for a new account.” some answer “Yes” and do it, I can only assume some say “No” and don’t.

1 Like

Look Grandma, it’s a freespeech world. “EZ” isn’t racist or sexist and bikinis and tattoos are liberating, not oppressive. It’s not as toxic and abusive as you make it out to be. Sticks and stones.

Paying customers have every right to be protected from snowflakes, and be protected from bullies.

The tools are in your hands. Playground defense. You can mute/squelch/avoid the “gg ez” and “haha trash” - competitive banter that has been established before you started gaming. Words that make the game interesting and arguably more entertaining for those who opt-in. Don’t like it? Opt-out.

A perma solves nothing, it redirects the issue. You escalate the mutes and even perma mute, but you don’t hard ban. That’s just nonsensical for 2021 unless you change the game rating. Rated D for Disney. S for Snowflake. B for buy another account and keep at it.

2 Likes

Why would this bother you? Are you abusive?..

1 Like

Blizzard isn’t the government. And free speech doesn’t mean you’re free from the consequence.

12 Likes

You’re playing in a blizzard game, you either play by their rule or piss off.

This is how Blizz been doing their stuff for years. If you don’t play nice, they’ll warn you several times and if you still don’t get the message, they’ll ban your acc.

2 Likes

This.

1 Like

What would be absolutely gut busting comedy would be if consumer protection existed to stop Blizzard from banning accounts.

Imagine how fast Blizzard, after getting their auto virtue signaling device removed, switch over to a platform of free speech for all.

Its hypocracy to the 10th degree and the “woke” don’t have the mental capacity to know when they are being used.

2 Likes

Then relabel the product and stop false advertising. “Haha trash” and “lol ezgarb” will get you perma’d, but you’re calling this a T for Teen product? How about we get the BBB involved and class action their management.

1 Like

also last I checked, there are lots of governments that…dont have total free speech still

It’s in the terms and condition.

7 Likes

Ok, have fun. I’ll be playing the game in the meantime.

1 Like

It’s on the box. Box takes predecent over 18+ pages of EULA everytime. If it’s T for Teen - “haha trash” gets a free pass.

you know that…isnt a rating blizzard gives, right?
Thats the ESRB

1 Like

The age rating doesn’t matter.

You either play by their rules or they reserve the right to take appropriate action.

This is how Blizz handles their stuff for years since WoW came out. They don’t give a crap about your age, either play nice or get the hammer.

7 Likes

Ummm, EULA trumps all, you know that right?

3 Likes

It’s their Rules, Terms, and Conditions, that you then say, “Ok I will follow these.” so you can play their Product.

4 Likes