Whats your total win rate?

but that would mean all the games if they are of equal players to come down to a draw more often, or at least overtime. Instead of the overwhelming % of 1 sided stomps.

3 Likes

I’m just under the 50% mark myself. I will also note this season so far, even compared to last season, I have a considerably lowest winrate. Season 10 has felt so unbalanced in it’s matchmaking, it’s nice to actually see a bit of evidence to my frustrations.

5 Likes

Omg another person that doesn’t understand statistics claiming FORCED WINRATE???

10 Likes

My total winrate is the amount of reports i filed which is 10^(10^100), the amount of actioning confirmations I get is the same, but the number actual people who got actioned is: ZERO. So my winrate is 0%.

2 Likes

so whats your overall record

Please review this. It’s a detail explanation of how the system works. he provides links from developers and what not as well.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/how-competitive-skill-rating-works-season-9/14009?u=thedrizzle-1753

this is a very detailed explanation!

Pay particular attention to sub-section “matchmaking”

5 Likes

I didnt ask for an unrelated essay on an unrelated subject.

I asked what is your overall record for every season.

2 Likes

The fact that you think it’s unrelated proves that you don’t actually understand the topic

4 Likes

You and others rambling about “Forced 50% winrate” so this is very relevant.

Anyways you showed your true colors. You only want post that agree with you

6 Likes

so whats your record? why do you keep dancing around the subject?

2 Likes

I’m not dancing around the subject lmao. I’m debunking your conspiracy theory…
there is no forced win rate, there IS matchmaking trying match teams so they are as close to 50% probability of winning. These are totally separate thing.

*Note i’m excluding my season 1 and season 3. I let friends play my account when they wanted to try out overwatch and it was low bronze lmao. this was before I was into the game(was hooked on ff14)

Season 7: 285,288,16
Season 8: 216,189,12
Season 9: 113,113,12
Season 10: 20,11,0

Total: 634,601,40 46.69% win rate

A side note I climbed every season. the system is not rigged unless you are the one doing.

Season 7: 1450-1693
Season 8: 1600-2500
Season 9: 2500-2800
Season 10: 2700-until(i hope to hit diamond this season. pretty much on track too)

My point here is if the system is rigged I wouldn’t climb. While over a large sample size the win rate is close to 50% this is not representative of the periods when you climb

Statistics behind the system: Math Stuff! really well put together

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759379305#post-1
2 Likes

so 50%.
got it.

ive maintained or climbed as well, at points… has nothing to do with my point… once I peaked diamond in season 7, its been all down hill ever since, despite my record actually being a little above 50%.

so you climbed, (during a win streak) but then eventually you went on a loss streak and got back down, correct? aka 50%…

2 Likes

lolol about what I expected

What exactly is your point in detail? You think blizzard is forcing you to lose?

What are you even talking about?? I have climbed from 1600 to 2764(current SR). I haven’t gone back down to 1600…

I do think that Blizzard match making does put you into scenarios where they do stack the odds against your favor, yes.

This season im 31-30 but im up +100 SR. I am not talking about rating/SR. I am talking about wins and losses.

But the losses, have been stomps. I rarely have a close loss. Maybe 2-3 were close losses. the other 27? You could tell pretty much from first fight or two the game was decided. Even if we cap or held for awhile, it was only inevitable.

Thats my point.

on a season to season basis, i am talking.

example

you start at 1600
climbed to 2000
then maybe back down to 1800, then you are done with the season and go play another game (as example)

then next season, you place 1950 after placements, then you climbed to 2400, then back down to 2200

then season after that you do placements and place 2300 and climbed to 2600, then back to 2400-2500, etc

the point im making is did you ever finish a season, playing 100% of the season til the very last hour, and finish at your season high - and the answer to that is probably not…

4 Likes

Okay well I refer you back to the reference that wasn’t “relevant”

You want me to read this dribble about cats walking on keyboards and thats why it was a clear stomp lol

ok man.

1 Like

Okay i come in peace. I’m sorry if I have been aggressive. I’m a Computer Engineer and very familiar with mathematics/statistics. I’m not telling you this to brag,seem intelligent, or claim i know it all. I’m saying I’m just familiar with the patterns that happen so it doesn’t concern me win I see the way the system behaves

What you’re describing is not anything forced it’s just normal distribution statistics,coin-flip statistics, and cumulative. You can model real data and they fit to standard statistical patterns . the links I’m trying to show give you this information over 1000s of game per multiple random players. Just take a look I promise it’s not dribble, it’s real data used to explain the system.

This is the math:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759379305

This is the general explanation(See subsection “Match making”)

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/how-competitive-skill-rating-works-season-10/85269?u=thedrizzle-1753
2 Likes

total 2555 played
1236 won
1229 lost
91 draws
ive been between 48% & 54% win rate since season 1
its not forced.
im just never improving, never changing.
im average

1 Like

Yeah, makes sense, 2500 games later you havnt improved. I believe it 100%.

3 Likes