What's your ONE wish for OW2's rebalancing/reworking?

I’d want Ultimates to be nerfed in overall power, but have multiple Ultimates to pick from. I suppose they should be easier to get too? Basically becoming abilities the Hero has to earn that’s more impactful than their typical abilities. To keep it fair, the Ultimates can only be picked from the Main Menu’s Hero Gallery so we can’t flip flop mid-match or between Comp matches. It’s not to SURPRISE!!! opponents, but to allow flexibility in how we’d want to play our favorite Heroes.

What kinda changes do y’all want to see to existing things?

I definitely dont want multiple ultimates thats for sure. 95% of players would just pick the “meta” one every time anyway so this would be a waste in development imo.

I want to see Bastion reworked into something useful. The poor robot will go down in history as worst pick in Overwatch.

2 Likes

leave 6v6 as it is :upside_down_face:

13 Likes

I’m looking forward to the CC nerfs coming to OW2. I think that’s all I really want lol

1 Like

CC nerfs and reduction of damage spikes so that tanks have greatly increased effective HP.

2 Likes

Tone down or remove CC. Atleast on DPS. CC on a DPS character doesn’t feel good to go against.

1 Like

Well what I want are:

Global CC nerfs
Reworks to problematic heroes (Bastion, Orisa, Brig, Moira, Doomfist, Sigma)
and tank changes

And all of those things are confirmed so I’m just waiting to see how it plays out lol

1 Like

Nerfs to damage and healing all around. Fights should be longer with little burst damage and one shots. People should actually have a chance to use a bit of skill before they are 1 shot or perma cced by the enemy.

And 5v5 is nice so fights are less chaotic and messy beyond the point where it’s actually fun.

3 Likes

I’m hoping that with the lack of cc, they either add other pretty heavy duty counters to hyper mobility, or they drop the power level of the hyper mobile heroes by quite a lot.

Otherwise the games will become 2 flankers or 1 flanker + widow.

1 Like

Tanks become the premiere CC units: that way, players that want an easier solution to hypermobility heroes would be to play Tank or pick a Damage hero to effectively duel them.

Eh, they said they are reworking static heroes (Orisa, Bastion, etc.) and probably Sym too so I’m not so worried about this. If non-mobile heroes are going to be revamped and sped up to keep up that’s fine with me. The game is way more fun when it’s fast paced and fluid.

Most ideas would be hero specific and less about general gameplay mechanics
Maybe introducing a comeback mechanic so that teams cant just snowball with ultimate advantage after winning the first fight?

Like if you died 3 times without getting a kill or kill assist yourself, then you get a temporary Ult charge boost or something.
Just an idea.

More importantly i hope they get the heroes right which clearly arent designed for 5v5 solo tank matches like Bastion.

Besides outright cancelling it, I guess just some small things like making junk’s and the cowboy who shan’t be named’s kill combos less easy to pull off. Maybe give pharah’s rockets some bigger splash.

Oh, and keep 6v6. Still can’t wrap my head around how blizz felt like dropping a tank was necessary

2 Likes

buff brig and moira pls i miss being able to 1v1 a rein :cry:

i want monster tanks. i want season 3 dva. the game will die if the single tank remaining is not a monster tank. i worry that’s not what we’ll get, but it’s what makes me hopeful that 5v5 may actually be awesome.

2 Likes

I want to see a very good look being made at the current roster and making the changes necessary. Including a Bastion rework, Symmetra rework, Sombra rework, Doomfist rework and so on.

They’ve alluded to changing most heroes in the game, especially those that never really fit right in the game, and those that have high amounts of CC in their kits. I just pray they get it right…

1 Like

I want Blizzard to make sure that Flankers get nerfed accordingly if they’re toning down CC. Hypermobility going unchecked has been proven to be unhealthy for the game.

3 Likes

Good point. I think just buffing everyone’s HP would achieve the same effect without doing a game-wide value rebalancing. Like in Total Mayhem, the non-ability stuff feels great and match ups feel better too. Snipers and cheese-combos also feel less scummy to fight against, which is a plus ofc.

Trobjohn, Symmetra and Brigitte rework please.

1 Like

I doubt they’d do it, but I’d like to see at least an experimental on removing stacking heals but instead only the highest source of healing applies. Every current support already has some form of utility that makes them worth using even when being out-healed, with the exception of Moira who already has the highest raw healing/second so would still benefit from that kind of change. I think it would open up some room for slight buffs that keep supports feeling strong individually without making fights drag on too long from too-high healing.

1 Like