What's your history of mains

just a simple question i’m
wondering what you’ve mained and the story of why you mained from your history of playing overwatch
for example: my first main ever was hanzo i played hanzo like a reaper get in the face then shoot then reaper fit the play style then i mained him then got hardstuck plat for a while until
one day reaper actually got removed because of hero pools so i played brig that week i liked her play style then i one tricked 2-2-2 brig from gold to grandmasters and still to this day main her
what’s your story with your mains

3 Likes

600+ combined hours with Widow because she’s attractive and mean

4 Likes

Hahahahahaah that’s the best answer

2 Likes

Junkrat and Hanzo.

Then doom came out. Doom ever since.

On console Mercy, Lucio and Ashe

On PC Mercy and Ana :smirk:

1 Like

For support as it’s my main role these days:

Lucio, Mercy, Moira

2 Likes

I was true flex until the 1 hero limit came.

Not being able to pick whoever I want when I need them forced me to stuck to few heroes and swap in between depending on situation.

With the time I just realized I can get most value out of d.va and I liked the way how she plays too so I just stick to playing mostly her.

Played S76 in beta
I was a Mei Mein for the first couple months of the game
Moved onto Tracer and Reinhardt not long after.

Not really sure who my real main is anymore. I usually answer Tracer to these sorts of questions but I don’t play her nearly as much as I used to.

Reaper when Overwatch was announced. Thought he looked cool.
Anime fan, I see the Hanzo gameplay video and see his ultimate. He became my main. Dragons cinematic gets released, become Genji main. Doomfist is released, tried for his cute spray for 250+ hours, started liking how he played, found out he was Nigerian like me, got the cute spray and now I’m a 675 hour Doomfist main. I still main the other 3 though.

2 Likes

I quit playing genji 4 years ago for Doomfist

1 Like

I started off in 2016 with Mei, because she was CLEARLY bestgirl and offered a healthy amount of tilt to the enemy team. Then the Lúcio rework came out where he got speed boosts by wallriding, which is when I jumped ship to Lúcio since I found a lot of fun in his speed-oriented playstyle.

Then Hammond released.

So you’re telling me I can swing around the map at mach 10 with a unique mobility ability, knock people around, tilt the enemy team, AND be a hamster?

It was love at first sight.

1 Like

I went from Widow (horrible decision :skull:) to Bastion, D.va, and then Mercy! Now I mostly play tank and support - McCree or Mei on DPS if I want a break :blush:

Overwatch is the first video game I’ve spent any time learning to play. Started playing against bots with Zarya, switched to quick play and then competitive, switched to Orisa. When they nerfed her into the ground I switched to Mercy, and quickplay, and games were feast or famine depending on how my team played, so I switched to Lucio who is more self-sustaining and adds firepower to the team. I’ve gotten better at the game and I’ve now gone back to Mercy and can survive worse teams than I used to, but still switch to Lucio often.

Trying to pick up Zen and Moira, but my team suffers when I play a hero I’m no good at. Had a super fun game as Moira yesterday. For the first time ever I was slippery and survived pretty well and kept my team alive for a challenging fight. I would ideally like to pick up Ana, too, but there is no shortage of Ana players.

1 Like

Lucio → A break → General Support → Ana → Swap to PC → Ana → Winston (Today)

I started roadhog back during hook 1.0 but he felt cheap so I started playing rein but I was really bad and only really shield botted at the time (this was when he was really buggy and inconsistent too) and then finally I started to grind Winston cause all my friends played dive heroes coincidently before anybody really knew what dive was. I mained Winston all the way to goats meta where I learned how to actually play rein and now I duo main the two characters.

0 mains….or if you prefer…32 mains since I started playing

I can’t see myself ever focusing on one hero

1 Like

I have a bit of a list…

• Started with Widowmaker because I love her design and didn’t realise how important sniping was for her kit.
  • After realising sniping was important and learning just how bad I was at it, I moved to Reaper. Unfortunately I played him like a sniper and got nowhere!
  • A friend of mine was watching me play one day and realised this, so she suggested I move to Junkrat.
  • Roadhog was very common in the matches I played, and he genuinely terrified me with his hook…So I played Pharah for a bit just so I could stay as far away from him as possible.
  • I played Junkrat during my first Ranked placement matches and learnt that I was truly bad…So I decided to play Mercy. I was 800 Bronze.
  • I gave up playing Ranked a few months before the end of Season 4, and decided to pick up D.Va. I practiced her in Quick Play and realised I was destroying my opponents. I got placed 600 Bronze despite winning 8/10 of my placements, but luckily I climbed up to Gold fast.
  • I’d dropped back down to Silver with D.Va around the time Moira came out. I love Moira’s design, so I decided to give her a try. Being quite good with her, I solo-queued my way into Gold.
  • Between Gold and Platinum, I picked up Reaper again and, not to toot my own horn or anything, totally stomped the teams I faced.
  • Returned to D.Va when Brigitte was released, which was a mistake because I got nowhere during GOATS and Double Barrier.
  • Decided to play Mercy to complete my Support placement matches, and was reminded of how fun she is to play, not to mention I was very good at her. I might have moved back to one of my old mains at some point, but last year I moved to a new place and the internet is utterly abysmal so Mercy is my saving grace in terms of heroes I can actually play…So I’ve stuck with her.

Overall a very long and not-so-distinguished list :v: :no_mouth:

1 Like

Overwatch open beta and first week:

• Original main was Mei since I love frost. I didn’t know I could rightclick so I would freeze people and punch them to death

Early Overwatch and Early Competitive

• Main was Mercy due to no one wanting to heal, spent many games getting yelled at by teammates due to me reviving when two teammates died vs hiding and waiting for a huge rez. We would still win the fights since the enemy Mercy would die and the revived enemies had no healer.

Getting into actual competitive

• Main was Junkrat due to me being able to carry games with him. I was gold-plat for a few seasons since I played with a very toxic player since open beta. I used to be friends with him until he lashed out at me and blamed me for him not climbing. I ghosted him and I climbed to diamond and masters, he fell to gold then silver.

2-2-2 and today!

• Main is now Wreckingball. I am pretty good, but I am not gonna claim I am the greatest. I have hit grand master and joined an open-division esports team. We got crushed by other grand masters, then it got so toxic I abandoned the team. I am now happily just playing casual quickplay, and hanging out with my other casual friends who are all silver, gold, and platinum. I wouldn’t have it any other way. Can’t wait for ow2!

It was S76 then McCree then some Widow then back to McCree, but I also love playing Lucio when I’m on support. Nothing beats that guy

I main Torbjorn because I’ve always had a thing for sentry guns. He was no exception, and you were able to upgrade it into a bigger, stronger level 3 version of itself.

In my honest opinion Torb didn’t need a full rework. He just needed some tweaks and he would’ve been fine.