What's your "flex" skin?

Moira - Dynasty

That black and gold

1 Like

stop giving them ideas! :cold_sweat:

anyway, i have an account with noire and kerrigan (but no ange, sadly) and i love flexing those skins. at first i didn’t care for noire but it’s definitely grew on me, plus i love 90s cyber/fet/industrial goth. kerrigan’s suit is kinda meh, but the hair/goggles really sell it for me. and i really like soft glam looks on widow. those freckles (˵ᵕ̴᷄ ᗜ ᵕ̴᷅˵)

it’s baffling why they didn’t throw noire in the watchpack as a psuedo preorder bonus. for vol 3, i hope they’ll at least let us get the remaining challenge skins that won’t fit in the challenge schedule via credits.

even after all the crap i give management, if they decided to sell blizzcon skins directly i’d be there in a heartbeat with my wallet out :weary: tyrande sym and demon hunter sombra are perfection

1 Like

Granted, there’s nothing in the wording of the Watchpoint Pack that mentions those Space Raider skins are an early purchase exclusive. The only FOMO item looks to be just the player icon.

They re-released Sombra Demon Hunter during one of the Halloween event weekly events too. That’s when I got it… But it was probably so popular that I don’t really consider it rare, since I see a lot of people use it.

1 Like

All of the skins were acquirable by anyone, so none really (I have all the “exclusive” ones but that widow one - which is fine - I don’t play widow much). Mardi Gras Ashe was one I used to “flex” - but then they gave that to everyone as well. I hope OW2 has skins that you actually have to play the game to get so they have meaning. But of course, in the end, they are just cosmetic so whatever.

Brick Bastion is one of the 13 “mini” Challenge event skins; 9 of which have/will be released with the Anniversary Remix Vol 1-3. There will be 3 other skins, along with Brick Bastion, that will be just as rare by only having the one Challenge event to obtain them, and not get a 2nd chance through an Anniversary Remix.

By my speculation, the 3 skins that will be just as rare to earn as Brick Bastion are Pachimari (Roadhog), Deadlock (Ashe), and Sandstorm (Cassidy).

I use it to be obnoxious when I don’t feel like wearing my Lu Bu skin lol. I DO really like the stars on the blue guns though.

But I think the skin I wear that I see the least of on others is Sanzang Zenyatta.

As far as skin that I wear that is actually rare? GOATS Briggite.

I have these (and brick Bastion) but I never wear them. I don’t like the gun sound for brick Bastion. Sounds like a rapid-fire fart.

A skin I do not have, wish I did have, and will never have another shot at getting?

Ugly Sweater 76. Literally the only challenge skin I ever missed.

The rarest skin I like to use is probably BlizzCon 2016 Bastion. Contenders Brig, Baptiste, and Doomfist were all pretty tough to earn, as well. I sport the Contenders Brig one quite often.

One skin set that is rare that people will soon have a 2nd chance at earning is the OWL Grey/White Widowmaker skins. It’s the last OWL skin exclusive to the 2018 Twitch rewards program, but it will be available again using the OWL Perks program/watching 5 hours during the Midseason Madness playoffs in 2 weeks.

There are also several general seasonal event skin challenges like the rag Doll Echo, Peppermint Bark Brig, that have a possible return as well.

Certain skins are likely locked out forever for Legal or Public Relation reasons. Blizz con Exclusives, Pink, Alien, Lego all qualify for this. But I do no believe others do… They can likely be used for promotional reasons at any time in the future.

Pink Mercy

1 Like

I think Brick Bastion can still potentially skirt by any PR issues, considering the original event may have had LEGO branding, but the skin is just called “Brick”. But yeah, I agree that Pink and Alien are locked fairly tight.

The “bring back Pink Mercy” posts are practically a meme at this point, but I think they could bring it back as a remix. Do something like Lavender Mercy, which has the catch-all general cancer awareness messaging. It doesn’t necessarily have to be from Remix Vol 3, but I think that way, Blizz could help reduce the demand for Pink Mercy. Especially since Pink Mercy has that special chime when her target hits full health, an exclusive function no other skin has.

OWL gray d.va before they gave it away for free like candies.

Now I just use Black cat because nothing in this game is rare anymore.

2 Likes

I have most limited time skins but my best ones are probably the blizzcon 2019 skins

Nano Cola was a fun flex before they brought them back with the Remix promotions. It’s also the only skin where she has a pony tail from an Epic quality skin (before OW2).

1 Like

Yeah and even before that it wasn’t very rare. I have seen people with it all the time.

Could be wrong but I wouldn’t think the pack has Noire. Wasn’t Noire a preorder bonus?

Contenders Junkrat.It’s the only contenders skin I have earned because when Mercy and Sym were available the drops were buggy and I didn’t get them. I got annoyed and didn’t care about them after that until I randomly tried for Junkrat.

That might go over well, but whatever Blizz does… It’s about to get a lot more FOMO. But nothing will truely be rare, and you can’t trust them really, because most things can eventually come back even if they say something is going away, because they’ll bring it back whenever it’s convenient for them.

Mercy is the most popular hero in the game… So whenever they give her a Mythic Skin it’s probably going to be a big deal for her fans. Especially if these mythic skins come with customization slots for further cosmetic modification. I’m sure blizzard has done a lot of research here on what they intend to sell to the public.

Heroes like her and Genji are of the most potential for sales. Especially when a crazy influx of young demographics come into the game when it goes FtP.

Um… Fleur de Lis Widow? I don’t really have many Limited Skins, lol. I don’t even use that one very often.

Roadhog and Winston MVPs from OWL skins.