What's your favourite bit of Forum-lore?

Sorry i was reffering to sym i see how that was confusing. I meant i have 3 less tracer hours than you. I dont find sym particularly strong either honestly i just enjoy poking fun at the forum mentality that you cant do anything on her. :slight_smile:

That is correct

1 Like

My relationship with Sym has changed a lot over the last year or so. She actually used to be my most hated hero in the whole roster. I found her turrets insufferable as a Tracer and Hammond player.

Over time I’ve expanded my hero pool and gotten better, and I’m also getting matched with much more skilled teammates these days. In my average match currently, most Sym turrets don’t last more than a few seconds and many are shot out of the air before they land. So she doesn’t bother me much anymore.

On the other hand, I’ve started playing her and I love her primary so much. Her orbs are fun too and the TP can be a great tool when your team uses it, but her lack of mid-fight mobility really does make it hard for her to live long in team fights.

Half the time I forget to even use the turrets. They can be deleted for all I care as long as she’s given better mobility or sustain instead. :joy:

1 Like

Honestly so many of people’s complaints can be summed up with people needing to improve and have a diverse hero pool. If all your heroes are countered by turrets, and you’re not playing at a level where people kill them, then you’ll probably really hate turrets.

But that’s not actually a problem with the turrets or that hero.

I think once the ptr changes come through that the game will be pretty close to balanced and the stuff that isn’t, really isn’t that far off.

2 Likes

Yeah, true that.

I’ll admit that the game’s state of balance has been improving pretty quickly lately. I’m really happy with that!

She can be irritating but is not usually overbearing i agree. Shes also not the useless guarentee of a loss that sombra (kinda) is despite the perception on these forums. I think she is right where she belongs. Viable in a niche at almost every rank, whether its for the turrets at plat and below or the teleporter above that.

I dont even think hero selection matters especially if the tanks and supports commit to cleaning them up to help their dps out as they should. They counter bad teams not any one hero.

1 Like

They counter flankers because they alert a team to their presence and slow down the flanker.

Your team can counter your counter for you by taking the time to kill them. Bad teammates and players won’t kill them and then complain that they are broken.

If you as a flanker have to do it yourself, you probably won’t die but it’s gonna slow you down. And being slowed down is the last thing you want with a hit and run playstyle.

1 Like

Do you mean this person? Profile - Sprinkles298-1977 - Overwatch Forums

If so, I miss them as well. They were uhhh super passionate about Mercy :joy:

4 Likes

Whoa, epic project! But just out of curiosity, the old forum is lost forever right?
As in deleted or from public’s view anyway.

…not that I wanted all my past misdeeds deleted so it can no longer haunt me. :grin:

2 Likes

Yes! I just remember them super policing threads and and posting sections of the coc to everyone. That new person thats doing it now is kind of a throwback to them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They took down the Battle.net domain forums last month. Technically the pages exist in the Internet Archive, but they don’t load correctly. I have to go into the source code, look for the relevant HTML and copy and paste it, check for errors, fix them, build it the framework of this fan site I am building.

If I didn’t have the URLs of each dev post already, it would be a lost cause.

5 Likes

:fire: :fire: :fire: :dancer:

dancing around the fire to summon sprinklesOG

2 Likes

Makes me wonder if you can get a pass for the fan site with permission from Blizzard. You have some credential anyway but it comes down to Blizzard’s decision to save you a lot of hassle by giving you some access. :thinking:

*Cues Mission Impossible music *

1 Like

Also, this thread: We should ban the Moira Popcorn pic

:joy:

SPRINKLES COME FORTH!

5 Likes

I remember Nevermore (who I think is under the name Speedwagon now). I also remember the hero concept Tara, that was so well done that even a Dev commented on it.

3 Likes

I reviewed the fan site policy that is posted on their legal pages before proceeding.

1 Like

Dang it, am I too late or is there a chance to join? If not…

THEN I’LL CREATE THE NEW WINKY FACE COUNCIL. (EVIL LAUGHTER AND WINKY FACE u.<)

On topic:

I remember the Mercy invasion and the D.va megathreads. Wasn’t very active then.

1 Like

They are alive and well…at least…their discord is

2 Likes

I got into a big back and forth with them on that thread on my OG account. I miss them :frowning: that thread is old school gold too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is taking every ounce of my self control to not necro it for the 6th time.

It would be an ode to sprinkles tho :cry:

3 Likes

I considered it too briefly. Speaking of crazy mercy mains you remember sovereign?

3 Likes