What's Your Favorite Thing About OW?

With so many people sticking around playing OW and addressing their personal complaints about the game, I think we should give a moment to appreciate the game and the OW dev team. It’s easy to get caught up in demands of what we want this game to be and forget about what made us fall in love with the game in the first place. I’ll start:

-I love the feeling of improvement. No other game has made me look at so many variables to dissect and analyze how I could have done better. A lot of games are as simple as “Hit shots 4Head.” OW however, asks more from you than good aim (even as Widowmaker). It teaches you to look at your positioning. Keep track of cool downs. Coordinate attacks by combining abilities and ults. Predict what the enemy will do next and how you will decide to counter it. Work as one well-oiled machine with your team. When you feel like you have “mastered” the game, you realize you’re not even capable of playing at the same skill level with every hero. Which leaves an infinite amount of improvement and understanding of the game.

1 Like

It is fun. Definitely my favorite shooter and probably the game I have spent the most amount of hours on. If it was not fun, I would have dipped.

2 Likes

How playing it makes me better at all other games.

Just how much I’ve learned with spatial and battlefield awareness and positioning and team mate prioritization (if you are a healer main like me) directly translates very well into other games.

1 Like

The heroes all have fun mechanics in a vacuum.

1 Like

I like how it (tries) to put together all sorts of heroes that have no business being in the same game and in the end mostly having it work. Like how on earth is a hero like Mercy and a hero like Hanzo in the same game? They are polar opposites, but it works.

1 Like

Capture the flag. Having heroes with unique abilities sets it apart from other games that use vehicles and guns. Its a damn shame I cant play frequently cause its random and some (most times) its only ayuttaya which is fine by me its my fav map, but it makes for a very small committed player group :confused:

Arcade is poorly structured. I know I’ve logged on just to see if CTF is on in arcade and when it wasnt I turned OW off. I’m sure this applies to other people who’s fav mode is looked in rng arcade hell.

2 Likes

Most fun aspect of the game: Hero switching.

Least fun aspect: Players that fail to grasp the above.

1 Like

The characters, i love Pharah, Symmetra and WidowMaker!

1 Like

The friends I made along the way. =)

Honestly the best thing about OW (for me) is playing in a 6 stack and actively working together / goofing around.

1 Like

reinhardt. literally swing the hammer looking like a badboy through 6 people and getting your ult is so much fun and too satisfying

the satisfication i get when i embrace my inner weeb with genji and hard focus sweaty widows in qp

the satisfaction i get when I am embrace my edgy 12 year inside with reaper and hard focus the tanks and give them hell and go full beybalde on the enemy team with ult and tea bag

Mr Tegbaggins

1 Like

The well designed heroes! It’s hard to go back to any other game because the heroes in this game looks like they had so much love put into them. Love their diversity and unique kits!

All I want is to see the new heroes we get, play with their “game breaking” new skills and hear more of the story!

1 Like

I really love some of the characters in the game and have become far more attached to them than those from most other games.

Also, going up against someone in a mirror match-up during a fight can provide for a really satisfying 1v1. Winning a Reinhardt or Tracer duel, and the effect it has on the team-fight, is a feeling that is rarely replicated in other games for me.

1 Like

Despite 3x hiatus with the game, I keep coming back for more. Simply it is the only shooter game that is unique and exist today. So much tricks and creativity can be done in-game, yet it is frustrating when things don’t work.

Aside that, no games without waifu to me, so there is D.va. Looking forward to D.mon in the future.

1 Like

Aiming in OW is incredibly smooth and rewarding. Only quake live is at the same level.

1 Like

The art and sound teams never dissapoint,you can see they put a lot of effort in their work.The VA’s also clearly love what they are doing (look at Anjali or Carolina).
Hero design is also amazing,and I like that they aren’t afraid to go with more unsual designs (Orisa,Moira,Hammond).My fav heroes design wise are Orisa and Echo (yeah I love the omnics).

1 Like

Although its a meme, the thing that really got me excited was the story. Everything up to infiltration was amazing. I was hyped for the second omnic crisis cold war-thing that was being built up.

Shame they just stopped the story.

1 Like

The maps are always beautiful. There hasn’t been a case for me to dislike how a map looks. Maybe horizon didn’t meet my expectations but still looks pretty decent.

2 Likes