What's wrong with TP countering Grav?

Can you please stop being dishonest?
You are not asking for a “consistent counterplay”, you are asking to dumb down a skill shot. Period.

Disproportionately powerful ? It literally just PREVENTS your movement and clumps you together. If you dont follow up with another ult it does close to NOTHING.

It does, and clearly you are using a different definition. I provided my definition and examples but you seem keen on just try to bash me because i slightly disagree with you mate. Very mature indeed.

But it does.
Literally i showed a video where it shows its possible, it just requires extreme timing, prediction and skill, thus being a skill shot (seems this words trigger you somehow).

Who is an alt account from a Diamond ?
Yeah mate, but lets not go there because it would be absolutely and brutally hypocritical to try to rank shame someone while using a PRIVATE PROFILE, right ?

Yeah “i cant refute any of your points so i’m just going to throw ad hominems to you and call nonsense anything that goes against my point”.

Got it, message received. Now we understand each other.
Let me know when you can actually refute anything and stop being triggered buddy.

1 Like

That’s gonna be an oof from me dude.

You still don’t know what skillshot means. Nothing is triggering me, but you’re using a term incorrectly. Skillshot is an actual term in games; you don’t just get to call something a “skillshot” if you think it’s difficult to pull off.

As for the rest… Just oof. You’re trying to deny that Grav is one of the strongest ults in the game??? That’s just…wrong.

(Also way to rankshame yourself when I wasn’t going to say anything about rank. Insecure?)

Indeed. One of us is deluded and the other is trying to promote a healthier game balance and give an otherwise underused hero some more use while giving more counterplay to an S-tier hero’s S-tier ult.

Also I’m loving the crying about me using ad hominems when all you’ve been doing is calling me triggered. I couldn’t ask for anything better! :laughing:

Lets recap:

• Still claiming you know what a skill shot is but not providing the definition, very clever. (you cant be proven wrong if you dont do it of course)

• Now you backpedal about the rank shaming when everyone can clearly see what you were trying to do and also claim i am the one “throwing ad hominems” when litearlly “triggered” was the last word i said in my last post. :rofl:

Love the rephrasing of trying to dumb down a skill and make it easier with :
“trying to promote a healthier game balance and give an otherwise underused hero some more use while giving more counterplay to an S-tier hero’s S-tier ult”

Like no one is going to see through what you are trying to do, but yet again, another insult/ad hominem, you call me delusional. :joy:

Yeah mate, agree to disagree. Like i said before but instead of letting it go there, you seem keen on bashing me without refuting any point and resorting to "oofs" but hey, you do you!

Good luck on the suggestion though. Im up for any QoL changes to any TP with that awful targetting (Reaper’s and Sym’s).

dont forget that oddly enough the tp spawns a few feet ahead of sym so even if she successfully creates a tp there’s s chance she can’t use it due to the limited range of tp

I guess you are mad to find out that as I see your icon is mei.
When you hack a zarya in time and she still use her grav.
Consistent game design guys.

I’m not mad about it. I just find it weird.

I came across it when I was thoroughly testing projectile ultimates with different latency.

[PROOF] Projectile Ults blocked by Lag

I also find it somewhat weird that an ultimate that is considered one of the best ultimates in the game doesn’t has the weakness other projectile ultimates has. If they are going to nerf Zarya, which I hope they don’t btw, would this be a decent nerf.

1 Like

I don’t remember graviton ever being a joke. And EMP or Earthshatter exists.

No, the entire mechanic of projectiles disappearing into thin air if the owner is stunned/killed is one of the most pants-on-head debil things I’ve seen in this, or indeed any AAA pvp game. It should be treated as a bug and fixed on every other projectile ability.

I’ve literally never seen a TP used as a clutch save against an ult. Fake hype, staged and contrived idea to make an unpopular rework more palatable. Blizzard devs think gamers are stupid.

1 Like

Projectile ultimates and … not even ultimates are god damn weird.
Pharah’s rockets literally dissapear if you kill her just after shooting sometimes.
Mei, WB and Tracer ults do the same, even if stunned.
Zarya’s seems to be an “entity” like a turret but can be reflected and impacts like Mei’s and Tracer’s.

Dude, seeing a rocket disappear or a mine or something is bad but … using your ult in the middle of an enemy team, hearing it and then getting stunned and … rollback, nothing happens … no ult charge is refunded, the ult vanished … is one of the WORST feelings in the world.

There’s nothing wrong with fixing it up to consistently be able to get out of Grav with it, considering it’s possible to do it with the current setup, just annoyingly difficult and inconsistent. Faster deploy would just help her in general, would maybe make it a little too easy to counter Grav, but a wide enough radius that you can use it even if it appears in front of you and out of use range of the centre of Grav is a must.

It’s extremely hard to counter grav with deflect and rarely ever happens.

Dm also requires fast reaction times to counter grav ,and shooting directly below you (think you might need to crouch as well but not sure) makes DM useless in that aspect.

Yeah ,“to an extent” ,it can be walked around and depending on who she’s combo’ing with it might not matter even if the wall is blocking access (Hanzo ults through it ,genji can just climb up it ,etc…)

Yeah ,themselves ,not the entirety of the team.

Guess what ,all of those ults are trash ,with the exception of some long ranged channeled ults (See : coalesence) because of how very little CC has even a chance of hitting you (Mainly just Hook ,sleepdart and rocket punch)

“arguably”

She’s meta dependant ,she doesn’t make the meta on her own.

So the solution is giving her a “Press E to hard counter a long charging ult” ?

Which is a bad mechanic IMO ,glad it didn’t make it in.

It’s at 1.5, it should be at 1 tbh

And then they give Bastion more accuracy but he still suck.

This is the real reason they reworked her. OP!

also if people say it’s “too much” that a regular ability (that can easily be tracked by it’s cooldown) zarya can still counter the tp - just grave on the wall… everyone will be floating in the air and symm won’t be able to place a tp in the first place

1 Like

you managed to escape death because:

a) your TP actually landed at your feet and not 10 meters away from you (where you wouldn’t be able to interact with it)

b) the enemy dragonstrike was shot after which gave you that 2s window to deploy it and use it.

c) pretty sure without that zen ulting you’d be dead

1 Like

like people try to compare DM and her being able to use TP…

yea with TP (if it was reliable: deploys quicker at your feet with a larger interaction radius) you can get everyone out but it’s not like DM where you gotta micromanage that enemy dva’s DM… symm can’t deploy another tp for 12 seconds after she placed one even if it isn’t up anymore… that should give that zarya enough time to safely use her grav

1 Like

it requires LUCK. symmetra’s teleporter requires LUCK. you don’t know where it will spawn and if you or anyone from your team can even reach it. that’s because it’s inconsistent with random deployment rules so there really isn’t much of a “skill” involved.

Yea I managed to escape grav a few times but that was thanks to luck because my tp behaved like i wanted it to. most of the time the tp just straight up sucks and it’s not casted where i wanted it to be (too far) or it just destroys itself or im already dead before it was fully deployed and i can use it.

1 Like

You really should read my posts before quoting them pal.
What you said has absolutely nothing to do with what the other dude is partially asking : Dumbing down the skill by increasing the deploying time.

I said multiple times im up for QoL changes like fixing the TP point of deployment and the interaction zone for allies so yeah, congratulations pal, you agree with me.

For everything else, yes, for the hundred gazillion time … its a SKILL SHOT that requires a lot of timing and it can be done so, expect zero decreases of deploy time.

Clear now?
Bye.

TP not doing what it was advertised to do, aka what it SHOULD BE DOING BY DESIGN, is bad implementation and needs to be fixed. No iff’s or butts, if it’s designed to get out of grav then it should dang well get me out of the frikken grav. Just like ana’s nade completely negates zen ulti by anti healing. Not be this inconsistent piece of garbage that spawns in random location depending what kind of terrain is below you. If ana’s sleep hits the enemy but for some magical reason they don’t fall asleep when it’s not being blocked, then that too needs to be fixed because by design ana’s dart should put enemies to sleep and not randomly decide if it sleeps a target or not upon hit.

TP needs to be an effective countermeasure to being graved if you’re fast enough. Nuff said. That’s what it was made for and it always needs to spawn at symmetra’s feet.

1 Like