What's with the hype over Mercy's Valkyrie "buff"?

Except it charge faster now.

Yeah, but i feel like it should be even faster for what it is. Like the pulse bomb of support ults, basically.

Mostly that you can charge it faster with pistol, than you can by healing.

Which gives a nice excuse for battle mercy.

Saying that the valk buff was a revert and not a buff while at the same time saying that 60>50 hps was a nerf instead of a revert can’t be an opinion. It’s objectively wrong and contradictory.

It would be the same as saying that the sky is purple or green, in my opinion.

The only ‘hype’ is from non Mercy players,because they think they can use a half revert to make Mercy players shut up.

She’s still terrible, so they’d best stop cheering. We are still here, and we haven’t stopped fighting for our hero.

6 Likes

this is the closest we’ve got to concrete data on the subject.

He got more than 2.5k responses. He also asked about who people mained… and regardless of who people mained, north of 60% of every demographic wanted either a revert or a rework.

Even if you don’t think this is “concrete” data… it is far more substantial than anything saying the opposite. That the majority wants Mercy to mostly stay how she is.

5 Likes

it is just scary knowing for how long she has been OP, isn’t it?

If this is the case - I havent tested it myself - the rate of ult charge gained via pistol use should in my opinion be heavily nerfed

Damage boost still exist and it didn’t change, Battle mercy is just meme.

That charges 15% faster too.

Remember me with this

That survey is endorsed by aria rose a few posts in so i cant take it too seriously. Most of those videos post blatant lies.

Im sorry friend. Thank you for the link though

3 Likes

Which is exactly what Blizzard wants. Any excuse to nerf her again. It’s disgusting.

2 Likes

Thing is… both Ana and Moira CAN keep Reinhardt alive in those situations.

Link me to the place where you’ve seen over half of 2.5k people say that Mercy is fine.

I do not care how you slice it… That is a TON of feedback.

1 Like

If they want to balance/offset this nerf with adding some ult charge for a successful rez, and/or with a slightly higher rate of ult charge from healing, I have no issue with that

The pistol has its uses, but in my opinion, as a healer, Mercy should gain ult charge at a greater rate from healing vs pistol use

1 Like

You know mercy has been buffed lately so opinion has changed now and not everyone want another rework some people just want her to be buffed.

She did just get buffed. Thing is we already had 60 HPS Valkyrie with a faster charge rate via base 60 HPS. It wasn’t good then, why on earth would it be good now?

2 Likes

We wouldn’t even be having this conversation without the specific half revert. This was not the only change they could of made. It feels intentionally done to undermine an already weak character. Not good.

Last time i checked she was most pick with base 60 hps, Valkyrie buff will make her more viable now without making her must pick again.

What makes you think that Mercy’s viability is my problem with her?

Here’s a hint… it’s not.

Edit: Also this.