What's with all the HANZO hate

Nope. The dude can literally fire those tree-trunks down a hallway and score. He’s not harder to aim. You just aim differently.

Her ult is often criticized to not be helpful to the team. Only for herself. Hanzo’s Ult can be combined with a few others.

It’s pretty simple. He’s strong from range and up close. Highly mobile. Where Widow has a hook every now and then, Hanzo has wall climb and leap. And really if anyone gets into CQC he’ll just Storm Arrow them to death.

I don’t think he’s really that bad, but sometimes his random arrow kills are cheap. And many times when a Widow is bad, they go Hanzo for this reason.

I totally agree with you, I’m not a fan of storm arrow, I understand scatter was bad, but I think something like a smoke bomb would have been a better bet for giving hanzo the edge for fighting flankers

1 Like

This is Blizzard, its surprising that he cant stun people. Yet.

Eh I would never ever want him to have a stun, but yeah for Blizz it’s either stun or some sort of boop arrow, something like a knock back arrow which again I wouldn’t want, it’s so boring to see heroes having practically the same type of effect (stun or boop for instance being the biggest ones) but just disguised a bit.

A smoke bomb would be really cool I actually made a post on the old overwatch forums before the change over a bunch of people agreed but change over happened and everyone forgot about it I bet.

Nah, Widow’s ult immobilizes the enemy team for 16 seconds,
they lose their strategic advantage and heroes like Sombra / Flankers are just floored

I don’t know where people get this tree trunk idea from, it was stated before by I think Geoff Goodman previously that his arrow hitbox is the smallest (I’ll assume width and height not length) hit box size.

1 Like

The funny thing is, is they fixed that ability (in a way) and gave it to Sigma lol Storm arrow is such a joke to use, and it is my least favourite skill to use. Majority of the time I just rely on his standard arrow anyways, which makes it a real surprise when a sombra hacks me and still gets pummeled.

I’ve been destroyed by Pharahs, Winstons, Moiras, Mcree, Reaper to name a few. One of the reasons I main him anymore, though the other was I found a love for playing tanks in general.

His mobility isn’t that amazing, for instance, wall climbing is limited to any wall that doesn’t have any overhang, you’ll be surprised at how many there and it has been my downfall to try and escape, the lunge is not as amazing either, I wouldn’t consider it high mobility but before he had lunge, he basically was a free target for DF’s ult, because all Hanzo could do was walk away at a slightly face pace.

I don’t get why you complain that a person that has practiced a hero to the point where they got good, is good at using them?

Is your entire thing about hanzo actually about Widow? I dont get this post.

But here it is:

1. He throws logs that can one shot. I am willing to bet everyone in this game got randomly one shot by a Hanzo spamming logs. (something Widow doesnt do for example).
  2. Arch projectile has been adjusted to near hitscan levels after hes rework,especially with storm arrow.
  3. Has infinite vertical mobility and horizontal mobility on a low CD.
  4. He is a sniper that can one shot squishies, melt barriers and melt tanks with storm arrow just as easily.
  5. He is a sniper but it happy if you jump on top of him cause it makes hes logs unmissable. hell ive seen plenty hanzos use their jump to get closer/on top of their target cause hey its easier to hit them when they take up your entire screen.
  6. Storm arrow is also a spray and pray deterant to anyone who wanted to attack you.
  7. for the amount of spam he does, he has a way to low cost aoe dmg/cover ult that goes across the map.
  8. Mini wall hacks on low CD.

Tbh my biggest issue with his is spam arrow+ jump.
Before that a 1v1 with Hanzo was a skill match up, if hes aim was weak you could dance and balance the range youre fighting him in to gain an advantage, now he just jumps towards you and spams arrows in your general direction.
I mean spam arrow is legit: Oh hanzo- i can kill him! Oh wait he has storm arrow- never fn mind, run or die!

1 Like
  • Lucky oneshots from across the map
  • Can get away from flanks super easy
  • Can shred tanks
  • Great at close to midrange, good at high range

It’s a bit too much.

That’s true. He also OHKO you at mid and melee range.

1 Like

Yeah I also thought they were going to give him some poison or smoke arrow or something more creative like that but nope. What a disappointment.

Because, and this is paraphrasing several (100’s?) of forum users:

“He just one shots u across map”
“He doesn’t even need to aim”
He just kills you from around corner”
“He has no counters”

And the best one:
“He’s an archer not a sniper why can he 1-shot”

Lucky one shots are in no way reliable, nor do they happen enough to be of any discussion

He cannot get away from flankers super easy. His lunge is laughable and his wallclimb is slow, buggy, and leaves him vulnerable

He can’t shred tanks. Unless they’re alone, or they tank is trash, he simply cannot.

He’s ok at midrange, outclassed at close, and I’m no way reliable at long range

You honestly have to ask? If you do its kind of like the kid who farts in class then can’t understand why this is a problem…

The short answer: too much value for the skill employed. SA should not critical, and it just gets too many shots. Hanzo should not “melt” tankier characters.

Didn’t you read the f03n1x post above ?
Hanzo has the smallest projectiles in the game
Those complaining about spamzo have never made it out of Bronze,
cause a Spamzo never will

If storm didn’t crit it’s literally be a useless ability. And if he’s melting tanks the tanks are doing something wrong

He’s very deadly up close, unlike Widow, so I stay the hell away from him.

What really angers me are his lucky shots. If I had a penny for every arrow I ate but was meant for someone else, I’d be richer than Bill Gates.

Anyhow, I’m frustrated with another DPS hero so I don’t really think of Handsome anymore :broken_heart:

Widow is deadly up close past like plat.

nah, would be too inconsistent and unfun
If the range is small - It would be too weak
Anything large - would be OP
and can Hanzo’s teammates see through the smoke
if not would be another troll skill like ice wall

We already have poison damage in venom mine,
Poison damage on an arrow would be useless