What's up with French hating?

Most people must have noticed by now but the racist culture on EU aginst the French is so huge. I mean I get the meme but is it really a meme anymore?
This is the 3rd time within a week that I was kicked for saying that I don’t hate French people, that’s why I felt like posting this.

I’m not sure how you approach such issue but this is giving EU such a bad name and OW overall.

oh and im not french btw

5 Likes

I haven’t heard of this. Sounds like it’s a Europe thing, so maybe the Europe forums would be more equipped to respond.

22 Likes

its been a thing since atleast season 3, idk where it came from its just a thing

I think it’s a European thing, because as a US citizen, I don’t think I’ve ever heard the word France mentioned in game. People hate Paris, as in, the annoying map. I’ve never heard anyone say they hate France.

14 Likes

Same, first thing I’ve heard of about people hating french.

1 Like

New Zealand went though a stage of it some years back, when they did some international terrorism to us, but we got over it.

Cus we are chill like that.

As an EU player, I can’t say I’ve ever come across this. Everyone flames everyone, and for the weirdest things.

But no, I haven’t noticed.

3 Likes

If this is an EU-specific thing, you’re likely going to get a lot of confused looks since this is the Americas subforum so it’s primarily US players. (As others above mentioned, I’ve never heard of any kind of hatred towards french players)

1 Like

Please, please learn what racism means, okay?

I’m from U.S but want I’ve seen from EU streamers is that French people are stereotyped as being rude. However, this stereotype needs to go away.

1 Like

You’re an orange.

1 Like

First people kicking for that reason are people not worth your time.

That said this is a thing that exists.
It ranges from players that legitimaty don’t want to play with French players cause of language barrier. To those that take it too far.

It’s worth mentioning considering the nature of ow PvP and the immaturity. There are French groups that insult any English players when things go bad and also English players that do the same to French players.

France is the laughing stock of Europe as of right now, people just like pointing fingers at it and laughing, sad but true

2 Likes

This. Cant say I’ve noticed people being more toxic to French players than others.

Welcome to EU servers Americans, this is what we go through daily.

I am British so am usually called out for my bad language but people really do hate French people on EU

Ever played CSGO with Russians? Yeah.

You can’t change my mind about this. But over last 3 years, I’ve come across racist behavior probably 15 times and guess what? At least 12 if them came from French players and 3 from others.

There are other reasons, but thought to tell you exactly why I hate playing with them. Fun fact, most friends I had over the years from France in real life are great personalities. But maybe that’s to do with what kind of people online gaming attracts in general.

1 Like

the europe forums are literally dead

2 Likes

Aaaand the obvious:

1 Like

The EU game is probably the most toxic, abusive and disgusting I’ve ever witnessed. It’s awful. I think the WoW devs on a behind the scenes making of made a comment once about “Don’t go to the EU forum, you’ll not find anything constructive there”.

Also, the English talk in English in chat, the Scandanavians talk in English, the Germans talk in mostly English, the Spanish try and talk in English. The Russians are rude but talk in English. The French… Nope. Not a chance. If you say you don’t speak French they will just laugh and keep bombarding you with French over the mic.

2 Likes

Yea there is no hate ingame ive seen.

But french people do not have the best reputation because they dislike talking english (also say they cannot when they actually teach english in school) … Ive been 2x in france and it was horrible.

Hotel workers refused to speak english, ordering a sandwich at subway in english where young people work was impossible because they dont want to talk english. Very very unfriendly people in france. No reason to travel there.

1 Like