What's the point of this forum?

If the devs don’t acknowledge the posts?

1 Like

To track bugs.

The Test devs do read the reports, but don’t work on every bug reported. And some reported “bugs” aren’t actually bugs.

They also, on occasion request additional info from users in order to reproduce a certain bug themselves. A bug that isn’t reproducible is very hard to fix. The prioritization of the bugs are also based on severity etc.

From the Bug report forum guidelines:

While you may not see me post here very often, please know that your reports are read and appreciated. In the event that the amount of information in a bug report proves to be insufficient during our investigation, you will see me ask for additional information (like your hardware configuration or what time you encountered a specific issue)—so keep an eye out!

3 Likes

So if a bug has been reported for over 9 months and never acknowledged in any forum post or patch notes I should feel like it’s being thought about or worked on?

They do know about it, cause they read it, and put it in their giant list of bugs at their office. :slightly_smiling_face:
However they do not work on it since they have other stuff to work on. Hence the prioritization.

Take all those “Hero select bug” threads that you’ve decided to bump for example. It is quite known by now, but if we’re going to be perfectly honest here, It’s more of an inconvenience rather than potentially game-braking. Also, I think that up until recently, it happened mostly at random and to a few people, meaning it wasn’t reproducible (that’s what I think anyway, based on how frequent it has happened to me now compared to the past).

Of course, from time to time they do manage to fix a seemingly low-priority bug if they can see the solution right away. Why they haven’t fixed the Hero select bug is anyone’s guess. My guess is that, apart from it being a low priority, it might be caused by something else happening elsewhere in the code, which would require a deeper dive into lines of code. This will be extra difficult if they’re dealing with “legacy code”, or if there’s a bigger, underlying bug in the game engine causing other smaller bugs to appear.

1 Like

I agree that there shouldn’t be multiple threads about the same bug. Now, if it was listed in the known bugs, maybe people wouldn’t have to make them.

There are a lot of known bugs. However, they only list the (most prominent) ones they are working on.

Also, some people tend to post about bugs that are listed in the sticky thread anyway, cause… they don’t like to read sticky threads. :smiley:

And thirdly, the list would be quite huge and hard to manage. The devs don’t actually use the forum to list the bugs. They most likely use a program to manage the list of bugs reported. It’s not against any rules to report a bug that others have reported before. It is actually encouraged, especially between patches, since one patch isn’t the same as the other, but also cause there might be a slight difference in the new report compared to the old one.

It happens a lot that people report a totally different bug in a thread about another bug, which is not good and against the guidelines which, again, almost nobody seem to bother reading.

Can we please, please finally list the hero deselection bug in the list of known bugs? Please? There are 100 threads about it. Lots of people are having this issue. It’s very frustrating. Thank you.

This thread helped me get my ow working properly again. It also contains some solutions for known issues within the community.

even a little ‘working on it’ would suffice but knowing game devs in general they tend to forget about stuff and dont want to deal with ‘hey you guys said this back 6 months ago’

99.99% of this forum is just containment not to clutter general discussion any further

Not at all. Although this forum is used by the Test devs, bugs can be discussed in the General discussions forum as well. The difference however would be that the Test devs wont be able to read them over there.

Also, a lot of threads here are misplaced and actually belong in the Technical support forum. :slightly_smiling_face: