Whats the easiest way to set up my graphics?

like how did you guys set up your graphics?

kind of ran everything on low and trying to find out what can i run on my gpu

Nvidia auto-optimizes the graphics settings for games, so I just clicked the button.

1 Like

Hey there, the game scans your system when it runs for the first time and typically sets up graphics optimized for your system specs (though you can often increase them a bit). However, if you are looking to maximize your system performance check out my guide here:

1 Like

I play on my laptop: Razer Blade 15 with a GTX 1660ti graphics card. I tuned down the resolution to 1366 x 768 to take advantage of my 144 hz screen and to maintain a constant 144+ frames. All my graphics settings are set to low.

Last time I did that for OW it sets most of the settings to max and my average FPS dropped to around 100. I have a 144Hz monitor so I would like to maintain 144fps.

You will have fluctuations in game, especially during team fights. There’s no magic way to determine this ahead of time, so realistically you just have to set a target FPS you want to achieve and toy with settings until you can achieve that framerate at a stable rate. The easiest way would probably be to bump up settings one tier at a time and play a handful of matches. If too low, turn settings down one at a time. If still good, bump it up again.

Ugh. Why?

Lower your render % instead. Turn off or lower things like effects, filters, etc.

With a 1660ti, you should be able to run at full HD 1080 rez, with render set to 150 and still maintain 144FPS.

That’s what I’m running, and I have a standard 1660 coupled to an i3!!!

Sounds like your other graphical settings may be set too high or too much.

2 Likes

Render percentage is at 100%. Don’t forget that this is a laptop gpu not a desktop one. And honestly I’m used to playing on this resolution now, and doesn’t cause my laptop to heat up to 80°C+. All my other graphics settings are set to low as I said before. With these settings, my laptop barely goes over 65°C.

Well, I figured running the resolution native with the render lower may look better and be smoother, but that’s me I guess.

Some of these cards do worse performance wise when run at resolutions not native to the monitor/screen.

2 Likes

Yep, you should just lower your render %, it’s basically the same thing as lowering the resolution but doesn’t take your monitor out of it’s native res so it will look a lot better. Only case this doesn’t apply is if you are on a crt.

1 Like

its not good, lowers your fps