What's one skin you REALLY wish you had?

I wish I had the 2 genji skins from blizzcon and allstars

In the desert

Yesterday I saw a guy with a Brig skin that I had never seen before. It’s not on the list of skins in game either. It was a metal brig, with some glowing parts to her. Her eyes were glowing too iirc. I looked into the OWL skins and it wasn’t there either. No, it wasn’t GOATS brig. It was a metal, statuesque-looking Brig.

Anyone have any idea what skin that is?

That’s Stone Brig; she was a weekly challenge skin for last year’s Halloween event

I love that one :star_struck:

You’re right! That’s the one. Oh god, I missed it. I’ll never get that skin now. :frowning:

Here’s a full list if anyone wants to check theirs off:

Here is a pretty comprehensive list of limited skins. I composed this list some time ago and keep updating it:

My take is pretty basic on these.

You have a few different groups:

Blizzcon skins

• Bastion - 2016 Blizzcon skin
  • Genji - 2019 Blizzcon - Illidan skin
  • Reinhardt - 2021 Blizzcon - Raynhardt skin
  • Sombra - 2018 Blizzcon - Demon Hunter from Diablo
  • Symmetra - 2019 Blizzcon - Tyrande skin
  • Winston 2017 Blizzcon skin

Challenge skins

• Ana - Bastet challenge (skin and victory pose) and Winter Wonderland 2020
  • Ashe - Mardi Gras challenge
  • Baptiste - Halloween Terror 2019 challenge, Baptiste Reunion challenge, Lunar Year of the Ox 2021 Challenge
  • Bastion - Summer Games 2020 challenge and Bastion’s Brick challenge
  • Brigitte - Halloween Terror 2020 challenge
  • D.Va - Nano Cola challenge (I think this was the very first one) and HotS Officer D.Va skin challenge
  • Doomfist - Year of the Rat 2020 challenge
  • Echo - Halloween Terror 2020 challenge
  • Genji - HotS challenge (both this one and the D.Va Officer skin were moved to normal loot boxes later on)
  • Junkrat - Halloween Terror 2019 challenge and Winter Wonderland 2020
  • McCree - Anniversary 2020 challenge and Lunar Year of the Ox 2021 Challenge
  • Mei - Summer Games 2019 challenge and Archives 2020 challenge
  • Mercy - Winter Wonderland 2019 challenge and Recall challenge
  • Moira - Winter Wonderland 2019 challenge
  • Orisa - Summer Games 2020 challenge
  • Reaper - Summer Games 2019 challenge and Lunar Year of the Ox 2021 Challenge
  • Reinhardt - Summer Games 2019 challenge
  • Roadhog - Winter Wonderland 2020 Challenge
  • Sigma - Anniversary 2020 challenge and Sigma’s Maestro challenge (Maestro has both skin and emote)
  • Soldier 76 - Winter Wonderland 2019 challenge
  • Sombra - Halloween Terror 2019 challenge (same Demon Hunter skin from Blizzcon 2018) and Halloween Terror 2020 challenge
  • Symmetra - Archives 2020 challenge and Restoration Challenge 2020
  • Torbjorn - Archives 2020 challenge
  • Tracer - Summer Games 2020 challenge and Tracer’s Comic challenge 2020
  • Widowmaker - Anniversary 2020 challenge
  • Winston - Year of the Rat 2020 challenge
  • Wrecking Ball - Year of the Rat 2020 challenge

OWL related skins

• Brigitte - Goat Skin
  • D.Va - 2020 Pacific All Star
  • 2019 - Shock skins for multiple heroes
  • Genji - 2018 Pacific All Star
  • Lucio - 2019 Pacific All Star & Dance Party emote
  • Mercy - 2019 Atlantic All star
  • Reinhardt - 2020 Atlantic All Star
  • Roadhog - 2020 Champion Skin
  • Tracer - 2018 Atlantic All Star
  • Winston - Flying Ace
  • Zarya - Alien
  • Zenyatta - Zen-Nakji
  • Various Contender Skins
  • All the various team skins for every hero in the game, and even different year versions. You can no longer get the 2018 skins. (checked 2-26-21)

Specials

• Mercy - Pink Charity skin
  • Widowmaker - Pre-order only skin Noire
  • Widowmaker - Starcraft 20th Anniversary Celebration skin

To date, only three special skins has appeared in more than one way to obtain. One being the D.Va Officer skin (which sparked a lot of controversy) along with Genji’s from the same event and the Sombra skin Demon Hunter which is the only Blizzcon item to have had this happen in Overwatch.

I feel that any challenge event skins should be something that can be attempted again or obtained as drops in the following year event they were a part of. Why not?

However the following challenges are harder to suggest a fair way to obtain them:

• Ana’s Bastet
  • Ashe’s Mardi Gras
  • Baptiste’s Reunion
  • Bastion’s Brick
  • D.Va’s Nano Cola
  • Mercy’s Recall
  • Sigma’s Maestro
  • Tracer’s Comic
  • Symmetra’s Restoration

These are special challenges. As of now I don’t see an easy way to re-implement them, if they even have a plan to do so short of just adding them to the loot box pool eventually. However the rest could be integrated into following years of the event they were a part of.

Specialty items are a bit different, as are Blizzcon event items. While those skins actually carrying a Blizzcon logo and date probably should be kept as they are, they did release the Demon Hunter from Blizzcon to the following year Halloween, so if they can do it once, why not the WoW related skins?

Pink Mercy is always a hot button. I say they should do a charity every year, introduce a new pink skin for a hero each year and have the option to unlock or bundle previous skins from the previous charity event. Win win for everyone.

1 Like

I guess Pink Mercy. I had a real hard time with money back then when it was released so I had to resist purchasing it.

I have almost every single exclusive cosmetic except for Pink Mercy, Shock Doomfist & most of the OWL gray skins. So I am not all that bothered about missing out on Pink Mercy. Although it would be nice to have.

Imo I am fine with exclusivity. It’s kinda nice to have something that is extra special and not everyone can get. So I am personally against re-releasing any of the past exclusive skins, even if I did miss out on a couple. You don’t always get everything you want in life.

I have the Atlantic Mercy skin anyways which looks a lot cooler than Pink Mercy imo.

Noir, All stars mercy, and Pink mercy

I couldn’t help but put 3 :pensive:

That’s a very nice list and informative post; thanks for sharing that :+1:

You seem to be missing two of the Halloween Terror 2020 challenge skins, though (Stone Brigitte and Ragdoll Echo)

I really wish they added the seasonal event challenge skins to lootboxes starting on the following year or something. For a while, I actually thought they did that, so I missed out on a couple thinking I could just get them later :broken_heart:

1 Like

The one with the purple fist. The overwatch league one

Don’t remind me :pensive: I had just gotten her gold weapons and I caved

At least I got 2020 All Stars Rein with tokens

1 Like

ouch
I have noire since i play on switch legendary edition.
I wish I had Pumpkin tho… but I HAD to buy Karasu-Tengu…

1 Like

Yep. I realized you were correct, I think its was because I hadn’t added their names to the list before then, so missed them both. Updated post.

2 Likes

I’m still so confused :joy:

1 Like

I own both Pink Mercy and Atlantic Mercy but they’re both on my PS4 account but i don’t have a PS4 no more.

Sadly I’ll never be able to have/use those skins on my PC Overwatch account :cry:

1 Like

I love Noire, too, and I was so desperate for it when I first started playing that I visited the Old Forums for the first time in order to beg for it. Got a lot of deserved hate for that, but it doesn’t change the fact that I still want the skin! :v: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I never knew that Tyrande Symmetra existed until now, and that is a nice skin…

1 Like

I think he’s talking about Los Angeles Gladiators.

I’ll have to check this skin out
Edit* I checked the skin out and I don’t see how he looks like the Cookie Monster :joy:

Blizzcon bastion.

1 Like

thunder skin. SFShock

1 Like