What's next after Reaper's buff?

I just came across a topic created a month ago about a streamer asking for Reaper buffs that makes me smile now that it is happening.

Reaper mains I’m glad you got a buff even though it’s no the one you wanted but what I predicted 25 days ago might actually happen : Reaper is going to get nerfed to the ground after the upcoming big buff.

Overwatch’s history has proven us many times that almost every hero that gets a large amount of buffs is next to be gutted ('cause considered “OPAF”. Enjoy the buffs and climb as much as you can before the hardcore nerf arrive in a few months.

I just hope Reaper is not gonna be less powerful than what he was prior to the buffs, once the multiple nerfs go live.

The link to the thread that made me smile :

Edit : I just realized I also posted two comments on that thread, one saying Blizzard might mistakenly overpower Reaper xD ! I feel like I know Blizzard’s scenario by heart.

1 Like

Dunno, but I got a wishlist.
📝 Patch Notes for 2019, idea
🌟 [RoleQ] 2Flex-2-2 is the answer
💁 [Sombra] Inform Team about Hacks?
State of meta. What can blizz do? - #5 by GreyFalcon-11737

Ideally swapping the Reaper buff for a ShadowStep buff, RoleQueue, a new map, and Blizzard crossover skins.

reaper isn’t going to be any better, maybe marginally.
it’s going to make him easier in low level play. still bad at top tier.

they will probably nerf him in 6 months, and in another 12-14 months he will be reworked and now has a smoke bomb instead of shadowstep.

3 Likes

Reaper will be better where he is already decent. Most of the time I die on him is by getting one-shot by a Hanzo/Widow/McCree(edit)/HogHook.

I haven’t played on the PTR with him but I don’t think this is going to take him into OP levels, but I’ll reserve my total judgement until I play with the LS buff and Armor nerf.