What's going on with sombra's hack speed?

sometimes it feels like it takes well over a second to go off and other times it feels almost instant.

4 Likes

it feels inconsistent, and sometimes even quite bugged

5 Likes

Well thats one of the many bugs that Sombra has since She launched.
I have a clip here:

With the Instand hack you probably mean this bug?:

Otherwise I never had a Hack that was instandly even after 200h on her.

Whats basically happening is that Hack breaks for no reason then the game reconnects it because it realizes the disconnect was wrong but restarts it at the beginning of hack (or thats what I think it does).
And I think I have another clip somewhere I will try to find it in the Meantime you can look at other bugs here: Even more Sombra Bugs in 1.26/1.27/1.28 [With Video's]

3 Likes

yes, couldn’t get a hack off on the enemy rein to drop his shield but the split second my hack touched the spinning hammond he was hacked.

since launch? well I guess that oculd explain why I always feel like it’s really hard to figure out how quick a hack will take.

Yea but its problem to detect it can go from the intended 0.65s to 1.3s (pre-buff 0.8s to 1.6) The example I gave with Winston above took the full 1.3s to Hack I have this one too:

It may seem almost normal but the hack takes 62 frames in a 60frams/s video (so a little bit more than a full second) and the animation seems almost normal too so it may happens to us way more then we think it does.
1 Like

Just bugs… yes, haha, just bugs, comrade, nothing to see here nervous laughter intensifies, yes, sir, no funny business like blizzard “balancing” the match in real time by altering aspects of gameplay such as increasing/decreasing range of ultimates, no hit registration on shots that clearly should’ve hit, reducing area of effect of various abilities, etc

Blizzard would never, ever, EVER do that in a game called OVERWATCH

1 Like