šŸ›” "What's going on?" - Every Reinhardt Main Ever

Worked up the moxie to play a game as Rein today for the first time in literally months. Got off a beautiful four-man ES

ā€¦Or it would have been beautiful, at least, had anyone caught in it actually gotten damaged or stunned. Gods, can you guys just imagine the uproar if a bug like this suddenly afflicted someone like Genji?

Blizz please. We are begging you. We have been polite and well-behaved. Our main is a dumpster fire right now and weā€™re getting really tired of waiting for someone to show up with an extinguisher.

3 Likes

Itā€™s true, the new animation made to the live servers for some reason. I think this is the only fix we are getting for Earth Shatterā€¦

I honestly feel like I wasted all my time waiting for an actual fix.

1 Like

uh, so, idk where else to post this butā€¦yesterday i was playing Ana , and was behind the enemy Rein and he sucked me into his charge from behind him? which was the first time that happened [before the Summer games patch dropped btw]
my latency was around 55-60, as usualā€¦so idk if it was a new bug or if it was just a one time thing but it was hella weird, anyone else had something like that happen? D: [i wasnā€™t recording and i forgot to press f9 to get a highlight, sadly]

Awwwwwww ā€¦ :sob: Thanks for confirmingā€¦ Also, Dingo confirmed shatter still doesnā€™t register properly, so hey. loud sighing

I wonder what in the world is going on in Overwatchā€™s QA team at the moment, reallyā€¦

Iā€™ve got caught in so many weird change issues that honestly, I donā€™t think this is a new bug itself. Sure others can provide a more reliable answer, tho.

3 Likes

iā€™ll try to find someone and attempt to recreate it in custom games when i get the time, cause iā€™m really curious about what happenedā€¦it was as if his hit box was the way genjiā€™s deflect was before it was fixed D:

as for the shatter, god that thing is still so RNGā€¦sometimes iā€™ll jump out of it, other times it will suck me out of the air as Pharah D: itā€™s not fun for anyone :c

Wait- they have a QA team?

6 Likes

save our knight, save the shield, save reinhardt.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a bug. Sometimes he vacuums people from behind him into his Charge. I think I can speak for all Reinhardts when I say we arenā€™t happy about that either, despite the fact it technically secured us a kill. But I can tell you that getting a kill like that feels wrong, so weā€™re not big fans of it.

Although this list is getting a little old and more have been added to it, it kind of falls under the ā€œvacuum chargeā€ bug list.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/7k7uve/reinhardt_bug_list_pls_fix_him/

But the exact thing that happened to you was what happened to Doomfist here

4 Likes

Yeah, but theyā€™re actually just Blizzardā€™s imaginary friends.

That was mean, but Iā€™m sick of no response on all of these bugs and true reasoning behind balance changes

2 Likes

ah ty! i actually watched that vid a while back but i forgot about thisā€¦thanks for replying!

1 Like

i dont think the animation cancels are bugs, its way too global to be bugs, every single different animation cancel of rein is gone. It has to be something to do with reins rework coming.

This is a huge nerf to rein.

ok, so, i have another question/potential bug?

[timestamp]

should shatter also hit Sombra? since she was still in EMP animation and shatter got her Genji into it as well? i barely play either of them so idk if this is intended or not D:

So what is your response in regards to every other hero still being able to do animation cancels? Thatā€™s all we want a response on. Why only Reinhardt?

i have no real idea, if i had to guess it has to do with his rework. or because hes meta hes getting purposely nerfed(second one is highly unlikely). Either way blizzard needs to flipping talk about this

1 Like

Definitely not a new bug. This has been happening for quite some time. Iā€™ve sucked Meiā€™s from behind me and squished them against their own walls as they try to block me from leaving. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Heā€™s not actually getting reworked in terms of how we use the rework lingo to refer to what Mercy and Symmetra went through. Theyā€™re only redoing Earthshatterā€™s code if I recall from that article with Geoff Goodman. Pretty sure nothing else in his kit is getting touched. Thatā€™s why weā€™re concerned.

1 Like

im concerned as well, reinhardt was my first real main, my first golden weapon. reinhardt should not be getting changes except his earthshatter/charge, so either is is a very extreme bug, or purposely. Ive never seen such a wide effecting bug to a kit in any game if it is a bug.

I kind of wish he rewatched the kill cam so that I can see that Earthshatter from an enemyā€™s point of view. It looks like she may have been slightly outside of ES. If you get close enough to Reinhardt when he Earthshatters you wonā€™t be hit.

But considering no one else in the visuals was stunned, itā€™s hard to say. They also got rid of the lingering ES stun effects, which is fair in my opinion.

i thought genji got caught in it, i tried to screenshot

https:// imgur. com/a/iHeN9pD

it just seemed like that bug where you can jump out of shatterā€¦happens to me a lot when i play Mercy for example ā€¦ i admire you people who still play Rein despite all this

if this doesnt get addressed or fixed, reins F tier at the very least