šŸ›” "What's going on?" - Every Reinhardt Main Ever

Thereā€™s a number of games where thatā€™s absolutely true for - I believe - most Rein games. Those games, sadly, usually end in a loss due to one facet or a combination of facets of your teamā€™s performance lacking thus making playing Rein a chore.

The reward in playing Rein, in my personal opinion, is being able to out-play your opponents by predicting and controlling their positioning by setting your own team up for success. You do this by claiming the strongest position relative to your current objective and denying that position from your enemy by A) simply being there and B) allowing your team to occupy and attack from said position.

Finally, thereā€™s truly one, ultimate payoff when playing Rein (again, my opinion) and that is winning the mental chess match between yourself and another competent Rein. My favorite games, despite winning or losing, have always been the ones where the enemy Rein and myself went back-and-forth creating advantages for our team and trading ults, charges, and other key plays against one another.

Iā€™m more interested in talking about the hammer swing bug where when rein hits you, you go flying 3000 ft as if you had just been booped by a speed boost lucio who pressed E. Like it was funny at first when I hit an enemy rein with my hammer and they got knocked back so far they cleared the objective entirely only to be dumped into the water at Lijiang Garden despite being nowhere near the edge, but it gets old really quickly; especially being on the recieiving end.

As for the animation cancels or whatever ppl used to speed up rein I say eh to those. Rein always felt slow to me and him being slightly slower isnā€™t gonna motivate me to care cuz at the end of the day heā€™s still slow.

Itā€™s really disappointing that Reinhardt is this buggy, and has been mishandled(or ignored) for this long. I get that the OW team has been working none stop on the game in general. I just wish Rein was part of the completed work they have done so far. All Rein has received are indirect nerfs through new characters that soft/hard counter him, and a slew of ā€œunintendedā€ bugs. (If they turn out to be features, I have no idea what the Rein mains will do)

Has there been any official news on what blizzard is doing yet?

From the sounds of it, yā€™all were abusing game mechanics and animation ā€œbugsā€. If this helps to balance how he was designed to be, Iā€™m all for it. We shouldnā€™t complain. Players always complain about imbalances. This probably fixes things like that like shield jump animation speed bugs. that doesnā€™t sound right, guys.

From the sound of it, you didnā€™t even check the op post.
Itā€™s not just animation cancels, itā€™s new bugs reintroduced, earthshatter bugs made worse , none of the old bugs fixed, very slow animations with the shield going out, retracting making everything sluggish and so forth.

As far as animation cancels go, in game rules should be universal.
All heroes should have them or none, which is not the case at the moment.

5 Likes

I donā€™t mind his few animation cancels to be removed, but increasing the time of his shield deployment and adding a delay on top of that is devastating. Besides, literally every character has animation cancel and everyone is abusing them, but itā€™s Reinhardtā€™s who gets his removed.

And it doesnā€™t stop there, buddy. They didnā€™t even fix his bugs for two years, and keep adding new ones with each patch. If it was another character besides him they would have fixed the bugs within a weekā€¦ excluding Sombra of course.

You come here and tell us that animation canceling shouldnā€™t be in the game, and that it doesnā€™t sound ā€œrightā€? Well guess what, itā€™s allowed as long as other characters has them. Why is Reinhardt the only one who gets all his animation canceling removed and gets nerfed on top of that?

You clearly havenā€™t read the original post, and has no ideas what youā€™re talking about.

1 Like

Ever since they introduced LFG , I became a Reinhardt mainer. But now I just canā€™t play overwatch bcs of this nerf.

Playing Reinhardt for a coordinated group is still amazing. Unless a DPS attacks you and spams a whole magazine into you while you try to drop your shield and swing your hammer.

Iā€™ll keep on playing him, because Iā€™m nothing without grandpa. But I cringe with the bugs I see every day. I shattered a team when I shouldnā€™t have, and didnā€™t get anyone down when I totally should have :woman_shrugging:.

It kills me every time I come to the forums and read people saying heā€™s fine, heā€™s OP, or any other flavour of nonsense, really :< Heā€™s completely unreliable, and I have to pray things work or, at least, they donā€™t go horribly wrong.

And BTW, why nobody ever told me that crouch+firestrike was a thing? :sweat_smile: : Iā€™ve tried it a couple of times but not sure it was more effective. Any of you lovely people can tell me if it is something to keep on practicing?

Letā€™s hope something happens after the Summer Games patch is outā€¦

1 Like

All we want is a developer update. Is that so much to ask?

3 Likes

Apparently.

I would like to add that I personally witnessed an enemy Reinhardtā€™s Earthshatter failure on two separate occasions last night in competitive games. I was rolling healer all last night, and I was completely unaffected by ES in two different games, despite being in the animation. I was somehow body blocked by another player and didnā€™t get affected by it. Both times the enemy Reinhardt was focused and killed by my team. I felt terrible for him.

Itā€™s becoming game breaking when ES just decides to not hit 2 people in the visual hitbox. Itā€™s a joke. People in here talking about animation cancels being a bad thingā€¦completely forgetting every hero has animation cancels, on top of the bugs I listed which are completely unrelated to animation cancels.

We just want acknowledgement.

3 Likes

This is the issue.

20 chars on a long a## quoteā€¦ okā€¦

1 Like

You can use < > with a sentence with no punctuation and it hides your sentence but still counts towards character requirement.

1 Like

Holly Molly! You just rocked my world!

How do I like your post several times? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you

1 Like

No problem! Itā€™s a nice trick since the character requirement is a little lame.

1 Like

Been almost 7 hours since last post. Bumping so this stays on front page in hopes Blizzard will respond.

1 Like

Thanks!

Weā€™re still twiddling our thumbs

1 Like

My birthday is tomorrow.

I have only one gift request:

Blizz, please give us an update on Reinā€™s situation. Preferably something comprehensive.

1 Like

Sorry, all you get is an American football skin for him.

Just kidding. I canā€™t speak for anything here because Iā€™m just as clueless as anyone else. A response would be great. I hope you get your birthday wish answered.