Whats being worked on that new events are repeat?

I heard they are not going to work on events anymore because they are going to concentrate on stuff that effects every facet of the game. But it doesn’t appear they have done that.

1 Like

Every new hero added also effects balance mind you, and they did say they are working on at least 6 right now. That said, I feel we’re getting to the point Blizz will eventually do away with some events for newer ones

what balance omegalul

3 Likes

According to Jeff. The game is in better spot.

Source :- I dont like developer silence - #35 by JeffreyKaplan

Has for events. They should remove everything except for archives.

Blizzard is going downhill at the moment. I don’t know how organized the overwatch team can be right now. Sure, they always have heroes in the works and probably working on the new archive event. Also, the skins for the upcoming event are also in the works.

I would like to think they are working on an expansion / dlc for the game to make a drastic impact since it’s coming up on Overwatch’s 3rd year. But, I don’t know how likely that is with all the talk with the game’s player-base shrinking and the income from the game also shrinking with it.

That would be my ideal reason for their silence.

They’re working on Overwatch mobile

2 Likes

If I recall correctly Jeff said they are more focused on balance this year and not to expect anything new as far as events go. It was in a developer update so I’d have a difficult time trying to find the exact quote. From the inflection in his voice I got the impression that Overwatch year four(we are still in year three) we might see changes to our existing events.

Probably beef up the OWL?

As terrible of an idea that would be, I somehow see Blizzard doing this

1 Like

And the Captain of the Titanic didn’t want to admit it was sinking until it was too late. Denial is more than a river in Egypt.