What You Left Behind

God. Damn.

I was not expecting this short story to be so gripping and enjoyable.

It really adds so much depth to Baptiste as a character it is incredible, makes you understand what kind of badass he can really be, how smart he can be and how caring. Imagining the situations he was put in, the encounter with people like Mauga and Nguyen and the feeling of having very little time to decide what to do and even less so to come up with a plan to leave as the winner.

The little window that was opened for us to know that sadly Overwatch, as every single organization on this earth, can be corrupted from the inside out and their members don’t really care about the well being of others, only looking for an opportunity for themselves.

And dear god does this story makes me want to see Mauga in the game, the sheer interactions that there’d be, the gameplay with 2 massive guns while tanking bullets. Not to mention that a dang 8ft tall, massive Samoan lad with what i’m imagining a warm and charismatic Kiwi accent that’s possibly also a psychopath sounds like an amazing character right away, along the lines of Rein but different in its own way.

1 Like

It’s probably the best bit of short media in all of the Overwatch stable of content aside from maybe The Last Bastion in my opinion. Alyssa Wong absolutely knocked it out of the park, though given her credentials, that wasn’t surprising.

It sort of makes me sad when I read the newer stuff and it never even touches the bar that it set. It was complete proof that with the right people, Overwatch could have had a truly excellent story going on instead of whatever the hell is going on now.

1 Like