What would make you quit OW?

If my main account gets falsely banned and customer support refused to reinstate, I would quit and never look back.

If they start removing heroes, I would also seriously question any further time spent.

I don’t 100% know for sure. I rarely quit things “for good”. But, when I feel like my time and effort (and even money) isn’t being properly rewarded, I do play games significantly less and spend money on them significantly less.

For example, in my first year of OW, I played every day, leveled up two to three times a day and spent about $50 on every event on boxes, plus bought OWL stuff. Now? I buy the occasional OWL item, and only play a couple days during events to get what I wanted from them.

The reason for this was simple, yet complicated. But, mainly it boiled down to: lack of content, controversial balance and game changes (like 222), and therefore a lack of fun and enjoyment along with it (so I was less likely to play and/or spend money).

Now, in OverWatch 2, some of this will change. There will indeed be more content. But, there also may be a lot of gameplay changes or additions I dislike. And, based on the info we already know (BP grind, Shop and Coins prices, etc), I don’t foresee myself spending much money on the game. As for time, my current plan is to buy the BPs with heroes in them, learn them before they unlock on Comp and then grind Comp for Golden Guns. Maybe play some events, but that’s about it.

So, in short:

I don’t forsee much making me full on quit the game, forever. But, I don’t forsee anything that will make me the big player (and payer) I once was. I just see no point in it now, given everything we currently know about the game. But, who knows? Things could change, I suppose.

Im thinking of quiting because of free to play, you cant get as much content, you have to spend more money overall ( i understand that they want to make money off of it and they will i just dont have that money to spend ) hackers are gonna be able to play the game easier, as well as smurfs, the new type of currency and not being able to buy older items with that said currency and instead with a harder currency to get, otherwise i completely love these new animations/voicelines/maps/characters and gameplay

Same.

2 Likes

the only thing keeping me playing it still is waiting to see what theyre doing with my own eyes and actually having the game updated on my computer.

no one is telling me a godd**n thing… content creators that have the information absolutely suck at delivering blizzards message, blizzard shouldve had these people on a discord for 3 years to prep those people how to actually promote and sell their game because theyre not doing a good job.

Not removed but workshop will not be availible on launch.

Though i wouldn’t say quit, but I’d be super disappointed if mega sustain was still a thing.

Like to point where it might as well be the new double shield with how long it takes for fights to conclude.

I’m not saying it’s being removed. I’m saying that I would not play OW2 if it was removed.

oh

well at least the current codes will still work

2 Likes

Oh, okay. I do hope it says because I wouldn’t play OW2 either if it wasn’t there.

Once I get bored of the “free” heroes I start out with, because theres no way in hell im gonna grind for weeks straight just to get a hero I may or may not even play well or have fun with in the first place.

That ship has sailed, circumnavigated the planet, and came back loaded with silk and exotic spices.

I quit playing PvP a while back, but stuck around for the seasonal PvE and the Workshop. But I’m not giving up my prepaid phone for a strictly curated, highly sanitized Blizzard game. Uninstalled this morning. In the extremely unlikely chance they come to their senses and drop the SMS foolishness, I might come back for the new PvE stuff next year.

…assuming I haven’t found something better to play.

If I stop enjoying playing it.

If my friends quit playing it then thats it for me. Theyre the only reason I have Overwatch and OW2

1 Like

Nothing, I don’t see myself being addicted to another game like Overwatch any time soon.

Monetizing every single little thing, the day we have to pay for competitive points or anything related to comp like titles or emblems then I’m out. I could care any less about cosmetics, if I see something I like I’m going to buy it. I still have a massive issue with having to unlock heroes, that almost made me quit the game. All thats left is blizzard coming out with some shady bull like charging players access to go into higher ranks or charging players for emblems or titles or even comp points after a season ends. The day blizzard says “you earned top 500! Spend 5-10$ for the title and the emblem!” Thats the day Ill literally uninstall in a heart beat.

Overwatch becoming a card game, maybe I will quit.

Locking new heroes behind a purchase or a grind. Creating hero tiers that force you to grind to obtain better heroes. You know, exactly what they decided to do for OW2. I’m out.

In other words, go with the standard F2P game model. Hate F2P games.

They already did it. I am just giving it a final chance to see if my personal enjoyment is high enough to ignore the line they crossed. I am a very forgiving individual.

2 Likes