What will supports look like in Overwatch 2?

I said this in the thread last week, but it bears repeating here: none of our hero design and balance changes for OW2 are being made in a vacuum. A change as fundamental as going from 6v6 to 5v5 has far reaching implications and requires us to examine every part of hero balance and design.

16 Likes

It’s definitely appreciated!

Have you heard if there is any consideration being put into dps heroes who, at least on paper, may heavily underperform in the new 5v5 format? For example with significantly less shielding and faster gameplay how will slower projectile heroes such as Junkrat, Sym etc compete with mid-long ranged hitscans?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure you guys said this in the live stream back in May, but is it true that flashbang is being removed? Just wanted to confirm

Well it sounds more like a toxic relationship lol.

A company that has ignored us for so long, just happens to get back when they need something (they need us to buy OW2) and everyone is acting like they are the best person in the room?

1 Like

I don’t know how the game will play but I certainly hope we don’t lose all ways of interrupting ults. It’ll be hella annoying getting blossomed for free. Also, there are quite a few heroes that would be VERY annoying to play against in their current form without stuns.

2 Likes

I’m not prepared to talk about DPS today.

Apologies!

14 Likes

This is a shot in the dark but can we expect more flying heroes, ever again?

Or are Pharah and Echo doomed/granted the curse/blessing of being the only “flying” heroes for all of time?

ps sorry for how many replies you’re probably getting…it’s just exciting to have a dev actually interacting with us

This is actually interesting to me, since my first ever post on the old forums, was a suggestion for the Cowboy’s flashbang to be replaced with something else.

Hmmmm

That’s fine!

1 Like

It is something we’re considering

15 Likes

Ah good to know, thanks for the reply!

2 Likes

You’re doing so good at your job, and it is highly appreciated.

Just had to say that, carry on.

7 Likes

I mean it’s probably getting replaced with a Sleep, a Hack, or a Root.

Or some weird version of a counterstrike flashbang, or Paladins style Maeve Ult.

1 Like

I believe sleep dart is saying but not 100% sure

My original suggestion was a whip, something used to displace other heroes, but not stun them.

(Not saying I’m entirely for this but I just remembered my old post)

It acted similarly to his flash, but would move the hero closer to him, and do a small bit a damage.

That kind of ability could go in so many different directions, it’s a super interesting discussion.

Any progress regarding Bastion, Orisa, Sigma’s rework?

Keep up with the good work! :smiley:

1 Like

Well imagine a 1sec sleep dart, that doesn’t do a knockdown, and has only a 0.1sec minimum duration.

As a replacement for Flashbang

I really hope your guess is wrong.

(Nothing Personal)

Would any of the supports have the ability to cure cc/status contitions? I know that the devs said that cc wouldn’t be as prevelant in OW2, but the game’s posterchild support hero is a hekkin’ doctor!

We’ve been robbed! Robbed, I tell you!

I mean, I’m wrong a lot.

But I’m also right a lot more often than the rest of the community.