What will supports look like in Overwatch 2?

Well I was trying to avoid something more direct, like a 125hp Tracer.

Honestly i’m really thankful for that and your presence/communication is great. Has the team concidered asking you to do the next dev update vid? :smiley:

1 Like

Mourn the loss of those you cannot be with, but do not continue to do so when they return. Celebrate when you can.

I say this with Brig as my healer main:

Good riddance :wave:

5 damage short range single target stun feels like a residual piece of launch Brig still hanging around but in a pitiful weakened state

I hope by removing hard CC from her, they can replace/tweak it to have actual mobility bc that’s what I used it for most of the time anyway

Curious, will you be looking at damage as well? since the addition of Baptiste and Sigma the damage output has been much higher

Specifically Baptiste

We have a support that has high AOE healing, high damage, one of the best abilities that can save their team from many ultimates and one of the most fast charging ults, which increases both healing and damage outputs and they pretty much cancelled Moira.

1 Like

Well if I had to guess, they’d probably go somewhere in this direction.

Exactly, Stun is just more than “lol you can’t move”.

It presents interesting situations, almost every match against a reaper is a game of chicken on when to use the stun or when they will use Death Blossom. If I get pressured or an opportunity to get a kill by using the stun presents itself, should you use it?, even if you know Reaper has Death Blossoms?

Also Reaper has to be aware of where Brig is and if she has used the stun.

If they remove that interaction, Reaper can just go “lol ult” without a worry, well that sucks.

And that is just ONE interaction that is going to disappear (In the hypothetical case that ults can be interrupted in OW2).

If Brig is just a another Moira-esque support, it will be devastating to be honest.

7 Likes

Wasn’t this a test from the april fools patch?

I remember doing bash+whip+bash all instantly and laughing even tho it doesn’t work well in reality bc you whip your target out of your bash range unless it’s a big tank

I said this in the thread last week, but it bears repeating here: none of our hero design and balance changes for OW2 are being made in a vacuum. A change as fundamental as going from 6v6 to 5v5 has far reaching implications and requires us to examine every part of hero balance and design.

16 Likes

It’s definitely appreciated!

Have you heard if there is any consideration being put into dps heroes who, at least on paper, may heavily underperform in the new 5v5 format? For example with significantly less shielding and faster gameplay how will slower projectile heroes such as Junkrat, Sym etc compete with mid-long ranged hitscans?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure you guys said this in the live stream back in May, but is it true that flashbang is being removed? Just wanted to confirm

Well it sounds more like a toxic relationship lol.

A company that has ignored us for so long, just happens to get back when they need something (they need us to buy OW2) and everyone is acting like they are the best person in the room?

1 Like

I don’t know how the game will play but I certainly hope we don’t lose all ways of interrupting ults. It’ll be hella annoying getting blossomed for free. Also, there are quite a few heroes that would be VERY annoying to play against in their current form without stuns.

2 Likes

I’m not prepared to talk about DPS today.

Apologies!

14 Likes

This is a shot in the dark but can we expect more flying heroes, ever again?

Or are Pharah and Echo doomed/granted the curse/blessing of being the only “flying” heroes for all of time?

ps sorry for how many replies you’re probably getting…it’s just exciting to have a dev actually interacting with us

This is actually interesting to me, since my first ever post on the old forums, was a suggestion for the Cowboy’s flashbang to be replaced with something else.

Hmmmm

That’s fine!

1 Like

It is something we’re considering

15 Likes

Ah good to know, thanks for the reply!

2 Likes

You’re doing so good at your job, and it is highly appreciated.

Just had to say that, carry on.

7 Likes