What will supports look like in Overwatch 2?

What :sob: :sob: :skull:

If you’re removing the stun from Brigitte, i hope you take her Shield Bash into a mobility tool rather than a interrupter, it would seriously help her playstyle.

3 Likes

I mean Tracer (her cover girl) and Genji players will be happy, so I’m not expecting meaningful changes to those, since they are the popular ones.

Just imagine playing those and no one is able to stop you on getting kills? DPS players (which is the majority) is going to be happy. I can see why they are doing so.

2 Likes

Can you give us at least a high level idea on what lines are you exploring for Brig re-balance?

Nothing concrete of course…

Please just say it’s not just “She does more damage”, that will remove most of my worries.

I never knew how Ana could more popular the Mercy… until today.

Yes and no. Happy for the Brig nerfs…but will the Tracer/Genji nerfs cancel out that enthusiasm?

2 Likes

Her name is Brigitte :frowning:

Can you give us a little hint in which direction her OW2 Existence will go? Like will she be tankier or outputting more bursty heals or whatever?

Not today, sorry!

3ch

6 Likes

Doh! (I always make this mistake…)

Fixed thank you.

7 Likes

Hello does this include Moira too? I’m a bit concerned that you just mention Bap and Ana here after they mentioned both Grenade and Orb

1 Like

You better see if they have plans to do something about the SMURF problem or OW2 IS DOA!!!

Don’t read too much into the examples I gave. They’re just “for example…”

:slight_smile:

10 Likes

Sorry, It’s just there are rumours that she’s being reworked so I’ve been really scared about it.

TY for your reply

Gotta admit I’m pretty worried. I hope they stick to the core of the character because right now most of it has been thrown out the window to please the competitive FPS crowd.

Shield bash going out is a bit weird. I get OW2 is reducing stuns, but how are ultimates like Death Blossom supposed to be countered then? Please don’t say Sleep. Ana/Zen gameplay makes ME want to sleep.

5 Likes

There’s not much they can do, other than maybe allow for account merging. Such that while gold+skins is shared, disciplinary reports are also shared.

And if the PVP goes F2P, then not even that’s gonna work that well.

Although I guess a good hero ban system would keep high ELOs from getting too boring and restrictive on meta hero choices. Which would remove a lot of the motivation to smurf.

I’m gonna be cautiously hopeful, but I and a bajillion other ex-Mercy mains have been burned before by similar promises :broken_heart:

Would the devs be willing to reconsider Mercy at this time? I know that it’s been a fair few years since she was reworked… but there’s so many unaddressed issues with how the rework affected Mercy’s playstyle, that the most upvoted post on the entire forums is a feedback thread dedicated to discussing it (and the thread is still alive!).

2 Likes

Rumors thrive and take root in the absence of information. My goal in being here is to cut down on the rumor mill and to provide you all with as much insight as I can as to what’s happening.

49 Likes

Well right now i really don’t see much to brigitte unless you have muscle memory reflexes with her. If the devs dont have to worry about her stun anymore, i hope they can go back to make her the tanky-healer she was initially designed to be.

I’m gonna sound like a broken record but i always felt like brig’s mistake in her design was that they tried to do two characters at once with her. A less-aim-reliant CC dps and a tank-support hybrid and because they couldn’t commit to either they ended up doing both. And people are so commited to hating on it, she is now left to rot to not be good at ANYTHING she had going for when she first came out. Not to mention her horrendous self sustain outside her ult that requires to be constantly dealing damage in a team fight which isnt evident when you become the priority target and the damage out-does your heal.

I think it goes without saying we have a lot of DPS, so perhaps a tanky healer (perhaps with the armor based burst healing since it was her thing in the first place at the cost of torb losing his armor packs) would be neat?

Honestly i was a big fan of Khan in paladins due to his ability to be a tank that could heal team mate and its something i always wanted in OW since launch and Brig was the closest to fill that niche/fantasy.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see all the nerfs for Ball, Tracer, Doom and Genji too :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ll just reply once because I don’t want to discuss DPS balance in a support post, and I’ll keep it short.

While playing support, if Tracer recalls, I feel a lot less threatened or stressed on defending the other support. It’s the initial attack that kills the support most of the time. Basically, I don’t really care to much on how much Tracer heals, sure it can be less and that will maker her die faster after the recall, but if she just kills the support and gets away, it doesn’t really matter if she gets away with 150hp or 1hp.

Genji, I will not comment since I haven’t played him in like forever, but I feel more or less the same way.

1 Like