What will it take to make Ana a good pick again?

This are my ANA BUFFS

A) Auto-Regen passive like Mercy/Zeny

B) I will give to her 250 HP

C) Two-Biotic grenades similar to Junkrat but her grenade will not heal her ANYMORE. That is the reason for im buffing her HP and giving to passive regen outside of the combat

D) I will unlock head-shot abilities on her sniper but her multi will be x1.2 instead of 1.5 or 2

1 Like

And what if Ana’s sleep dart was firing 3 darts (like genji rmb with same spread) lower duration ? Same efficiency (because of spread) from far away but more consistent on CQC ?

1 Like

An idea I’ve been thinking about with regards to sleep dart to make it somewhat better without having the issue of being able to virtually perma-sleep someone is giving it a 9 second cooldown if the dart misses, and if it does connect the cooldown is the same as the current 12 seconds. It would make her somewhat less punishing to play in that regard at least.

1 Like

Also, just switch out 25-50 hp for 25-50 shields and her self sustain issue is pretty much solved without making her too strong.

2 Likes

I’ve always coined the idea: what if your sleep dart could wake up slept teammates or somehow buff teammates, be double use like bionade… The only issue I see is that in most cases, waking up teammates would be hardly worth it.

Slow self healing while nade is off cooldown

“Sprint” ability similar to soldiers, but with a stamina meter- only slowing her to sprint for small bursts.

A grappling hook that allows her to get to high grounds, but isn’t Batman’ed like widows- instead Ana would approach a wall she wishes to climb, fire a projectile up to the ledge, then climb by hand until she got to the top. This would give her access to terrain appropriate for a sniper, without giving her an immediate escape ability.

VISIBLY VIBRATING
GIMME TRIPLE TANK

Nan becomes meta when mercy is kicked off her healbot pedestal. (Sorry mercy players, it’s true)

thicken up hit unscoped M1 so its not the smallest projectile in the game damn you noobs

I wouldn’t mind decreasing the amount of time someone sleeps for a shorter cookdown.

Instead of 5.5 seconds I wouldn’t mind 4.5 seconds if it meant the cooldown could be 2 seconds shorter.

Ana is seen being used on maps like 2CP near the back spawn because the defender spawn is so close that the advantage of using Mercy rez safes much less. The other thing is that Ana near spawn is safer than Mercy being out there and the immediate effects of bionade or sleep dart can help turn a match around faster. At the very least you see her having usage in OWL play around these times.

I think the main detriment to Ana is maps do not favor her well either. There are few maps to defend on where she is super safe and hard to get to her with flanking.

She shouldn’t be that niche though.

The fact that she was designed for range and right now a lot of factors make that not so great,

RIght now she has the worst of both worlds she has a snipers vulnerability but dosen’t have a snipers mobility (See Hanzo wall climb and Widow hook) Meaning she has to take close range healer positions without healer survivability (see Moira and Mercy)

So we neeed to buff one of those two aspects of her, either get her actual sniper positions with a wall climb or give her some lowered cooldowns and a passive self heal to make it more realistic to be in the midst of the team,

That’s what I think it will take
Also a Nano boost rework cus I want my infinite health reinthart shield XD

1 Like

Make her able to shoot during the scope in animation. Give the antynade a bigger radious. Lower her cooldowns by a little. Tell people not to call her underpowered just if they are bad at her.

Actually the ability is wasted on healing herself more than anti, but I agree boosting her healing shots won’t fix her issues. A healing passive would allow her to use her grenade the way it was intended and boost her healing numbers as well.

1 Like

Absolutely agree…

But I also believe that lack of visibility into the healing she’s boosted for her healing partner and self healing allies gives the misconception that her healing numbers aren’t comparable to Mercy/Moira.

If Moira is usually healing 1k hpm, she’s likely healing 1.25k hpm (accounting for down time on the grenade as it’s only in effect 40% of the time - 4 secs out of the 10 sec cool down). That’s fully attributable to Ana, but instead Moira’s (or Lucio or Brigitte) card will show 40%+ of team damage healed instead of her normal 25%-30%.

1 Like

No more nerfs. We need to buff other supports.

A revert to Ana is actually a good idea. Since both Old Mercy and Ana were fairly balanced during Season 3, you could play both. I will continue to post this every time someone suggests a nerf.

The supports needs buffs badly.

3 Likes

Absolutely not. As someone who has sunk a lot of time into Ana, no. This was so broken back then, and even if some of the factors from that time are changed, it would almost certainly be broken again.

2 Likes

Give her a passive that increases speed through gameplay interaction, or cdr.
But that would make her broken if she ever became meta by composition and not character strengths.

Upping her healing is an option rather then going down that route. The Bio grenade helped your second support as well.

I liked it.