What we learn from banning of Pursuit & Visor etc

To the devs i think this shows there is a real need in the community for at the very least some detailed stats tracking system. What the game provides really leaves a lot to be desired. I have not used or tried Pursuit but others say its just mainly stats.

I too have craved more stats in-game or a sub-menu where i can at the very least just go through what happened in my last 10 games.

Before anyone says it, i know there are sites which do this already but i want to use it in game, while i wait for another match.

A replay system would be even better but maybe it may take more work i donā€™t know. But the stats Blizz already have, it should just be a matter of putting into a way the players can easily digest.

We could even go deeper and give comparisons vs other players that the SR system compares me to when it awards/deducts SR and even give basic suggestions like ā€œtry to survive moreā€ ā€œtry to do more damageā€ ā€œtry to get more ult assistsā€ ā€œtry to block more damageā€ I donno the smart people can come up with better stuff, but basically thatā€™s it.
OW is such a great game but a lot of frustration comes from the limited information as players donā€™t know what they should be doing to improve as everyone thinks they are the king of the team and everyone else is just holding them back. It doesnā€™t teach new players how to play the game or at least basic expectations from the heroes they play, itā€™s just ā€˜jump in there and do whatever you canā€™ thereby frustrating other players who are seeing this on their team. Other games may also not have these things but OW is a one of a kind game and absence of more information may hurt more than it ā€˜encourages people to be creativeā€™.

I agree, I enjoyed using OverTrack but I wonā€™t use that at the moment in fear of being banned. The game could definitely do with similarly detailed stats tracking at least. The game doesnā€™t even have a match history :rofl:.

Iā€™m hoping, due to the timing of this being so close to a developer update (perhaps today) and the upcoming social feature soon, that the upcoming social feature might be something to do with detailed stats tracking in-game. Hence wipe out the competition.

This. Stats, specially in comp scene, are a MUST if you wanto to improve. Pursuit only made that job for Blizzard, even OWL and OWWC team coaches used it. I dont get why they are banning it from a day to another.

1 Like

When did they say there was an upcoming social feature coming? Missed that >>

Shortly after 10:12.

2 Likes

Ty , I saw the video but didnā€™t remember that apparently : p thatā€™s cool.

This situation is just a clusterfck, people are so obsessed about visorā€™s ingame tips that they didnā€™t realize they didnā€™t kill visor, they killed pursuit only. Visor still works without the software, you just upload vods to their website and get the exact same experience minus the ingame overlay.

Hopefully weā€™ll get stats. A reworked medal system would be great too, it might be the feature I hate the most in OW. If you donā€™t want a scoreboard, just make the medals compare you to the average player in your rank that plays your hero. Similar to HotS ā€œYour healing as Ana was 28% better than the avg Ana players in your rankā€

3 Likes

iā€™m sure pursuit can also manage something similar maybe, but also maybe they make use of that information from pressing tab regularly so that would kinda complicate things. I came across another system from the OW dojo team, OmniCoach, seems to promise to work through uploaded vods.

Blizz just cut out all of this and just work on your own system.

Most people press tab anyways to get the information about ults regurarly, so thatā€™s not really an issue. Iā€™m pretty sure pursuit will adapt as well. Itā€™s just a dick move tbh.

We are getting a dev update today

Only thing we know theyā€™ll talk about is Pharah and maybe Torb Rework.

We still havenā€™t gotten news on the 3rd social feature

Banning of visor and pursuit, two apps that analyze your data and give you stats

3RD SOCIAL FEATURE=FULL REPLAY AND STATS SYSTEM (SCOREBOARD???)=CONFIRMED???

Iā€™m hoping for too much here but i mean stylosa and your overmatch feel free too clickbait this in a 30 minute video

1 Like

We just need an ingame system that does similar things.

I for one understand how the devs may not be very keen on having their game monitored in real time and you never know what that will develop into even though it may appear innocent at the moment. Hacks may begin to make use of these app in the future so its best to just to just keep away.

But definelty OW needs more info.

lol poor Sty. :joy: .

Does he deserve pity at this point this guys the keemstar of overwatch

It wasnā€™t the game that was being monitored, they worked like a vod review. Idk why people keep saying this, neither visor or pursuit accessed gameā€™s files. Hacks will use visor and pursuit as much as they use any other recording software LUL.

That said I do agree that we need more info in game, if there was ingame systems these softwares didnā€™t need to exist in the first place.

I know they never touched the game files but even that is some cause for concern but it is something Blizz themselves can work on. I tried visor just over the weekend and stopped using it as it ddint do much but still from a Dev POV I would not want this cause a year down the line who knows what this will morph into. Many other third party apps will come and it will just get out of hand and difficult to manage.

I hope they have this sort of things in development and hopefully get announced @ blizzcon.

Things i love too see :-
*Heatmaps :- A stats for each maps which shows individual to overall stats where we die a lot, where the ultimate are used.
*Match History.
*Scoreboard.
*Replay - I love the system they shown in OWL. Hopefully someday we will get to use them.

Iā€™m might be missing few other but basically what i want is stats and more of it.