What valorant did right and what blizzard did wrong

Agreed. This is the biggest mistake.

4 Likes

Valorant isnt even out yet, calling it a success is premature.

We can compare Valorant in 2024 when it becomes a 4 year old game and then see how it stacked up to 4 year old Overwatch in 2020

6 Likes

Rightio, so Apex Legends is good because it’s free? It’s died down to a very exclusive bunch these days, and so will Valorant.

2 Likes

yeah put an ability where it one shot people with pretty big blast zone
and instant rez is very hardcore for me

and every abilities able to goes through wall really balance the game yeah very hardcore competitive.

1 Like

I think it would help people to learn some general subgenres in the shooter space, for example:

Hero Shooters: Overwatch, Paladins, Battleborn, Lawbreakers
Class-Based Shooters: Team Fortress 2
MOBAs: DOTA, League of Legends, Smite, Heroes of the Storm
Battle Royales: Fortnite, Call of Duty: Warzone, Spellbreak, PUBG
Tactical/Competitive FPS: CSGO, Valorant, Rainbow 6 Siege
Looter Shooter: Borderlands, The Division 2, Anthem, Destiny
Arena/Twitch Shooter: Quake/Unreal/Doom

14 Likes

it died down because streamers stopped streaming it.

valorant is only taking more and more streamers.

literally every notable OW streamer is playing valorant right now

emongg

surefour

jay3

Moxy

Arrge

Gale

Kephrii

Iddqd

Valkia

Linkzr

Effect

Taimou

JakeOW

and nobody has been payed to play it.

so lets not pretend that Valorant and Apex are in the same type of camp.

3 Likes

no destiny 2 for looter shooter ?

1 Like

Add DOOM to that list

Which game? I hope you aren’t refering to OW, cause it had a comp mode from the beginning

neither does valorant currently, its because games need a few months of people actually playing it to determine a ruleset for a competitive mode.

400k viewers without drops, 1.2 million with

1 Like

Completely slipped my mind, I played Destiny for years lol, now I’m ashamed and the Traveler may rescind his blessing from me

Did! Ever played its multiplayer? I never thought to try it but I heard good things back when it first came out (2016 Doom I mean)

2 Likes

overwatch could have literally 0 viewers, and 7 hour wait times for a game and they would still claim valorant isn’t hurting it.

ive learned that Forum Goers ignore reality a lot.

6 Likes

I had an argument with a guy a few hours ago who was trying to tell me that bastion had a 0% pickrate in bunker.

the bastion meta

3 Likes

Overwatch release date: May 24th 2016
Competitive season 1 start date: July 1st 2016.

1 Like

And how much money has this free to play game brought in? like i said its not a success until its post release and we see the figures of not only players but also earnest for the quarter

3 Likes

Weren’t they invited
 so they still technically being used. Also I do not see it killing OW, that is delusional. Valorant won’t last long in the limelight.

2 Likes

my friend has already dropped 50$ on skins lol, a lot of people have already bought full inventories of skins (skins cost money in this, same as in CS and League)

Maybe for CS players. I don’t think OW players who don’t play something like CS will play Valorant. I stopped playing games like CS a long time ago. Valorant looks like a mod for CS. So I couldn’t care less! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

lol no, you think Riot invited overwatch players when they’ve been making hard punches at OW the entire time they’ve been marketing it?

they didn’t invite anyone but old CS pros. Streamers reached out and asked for a key because they wanted to get in on the game because they know its the next big thing.

lets make a bet then?

I bet 2 months after Valorant releases it will be much more popular than OW is.

If im right you leave the forums permanently, if im wrong I will

youre so sure right? I am too.

Valorant < New game = Hot topic

Overwatch < Time: When it was a new game = Hot topic.

Welcome, this is how games work.

Once a good idea is released and then it’s out for a while it’ll become less.
Let’s take Fortnite for example.

Used to be great right, and now it’s just a clutterfest of cosmetics and kids.

Stop comparing games with games. Especially when they weren’t released at the same time.

11 Likes