What the "Little Surprise" is gonna be

We already know that a new PTR should be going up with new hero changes within the next week. What usually coincides with new balance updates? A new hero or a new map. It is January, we are due our new map, so that is what I’m assuming we are gonna get. Maybe a few new cosmetics (if we are lucky).
Please stop thinking it is anything more, because our community ALWAYS does that. We always hype ourselves up and always end up disappointed. Jeff said there was no dev update, when there’s no dev update, there is no big feature like people are speculating, such as a comp overhaul or a social feature overhaul like guilds.
Trust me, I have been more than critical with Blizzard, as I play a lot of WoW too, but we need to take the “little surprise” comment for what it really is. Anything massive that would be coming this early in the new year would have been announced at Blizzcon.

When is this “little surprise” supposed to be announced, I missed it being mentioned anywhere but here on the forums.

Probably a new map, which is not a surprise at all, not even a little.
The game new content became so predictable it sometimes does not even feel like new.

1 Like

Posted two days ago.

1 Like

I’m not defending them or their wording by any means with this post, and I agree that new heroes and new maps barely feel like new content. I just hate seeing the entirety of the community hype something up and get collectively disappointed and wonder why Jeff doesn’t say much on the forums anymore

Yep, overhype is common problem of OW community. Come on, look at how OW youtubers usually make 10minutes hype videos about exactly one sentence said by devs that actually contains zero info.
I think it is something like overcompensation. People really want new content and they want a lot of new content. But they receive a few. To be honest, the only new content that actually worth of hype is new heroes, because only new heroes bring new gameplay. But they come only every four months, which is tremendously slow.
Because meaningful new content is rare, people start to hype every single bit of info that can hint a new content.

Am I the only one who finds it a little sad that Jeff has to ask the community not to flip out if changes are delayed…

Thats normal, devs usualy have to tell something like that so they have more time if something is not working at dead line for some reason.
For me is more sad that they still keep this secret strat of marketing.

I find it unprofessional that they can’t even get their things on time (not once but twice) but w/e.

They finally got the Espresso Machine working.

3 Likes

If you say so (20 little surprises)

The little surprise can be a comic…

Or that ptr status viewer. If it is the second one it will be disappointing, but not really a surprise.

Thanks I missed that somehow.

1 Like

which is why they don’t like communicating with people.

we can’t have it both ways, they can’t give us tentative timelines if we are going to flip out, so we get silence instead.

Or they can just fix their stuff so they don’t have to give us silence?

How quickly?

Most of the time, they don’t know how long it will take.

in software it is REAL easy to have a bug, and when people say, how long will it take to fix it, you don’t know…

it could be a minute, it could be a week, you don’t know. Fixing something which you don’t know the problem which created it is hard.

Running into one of those a few days before release day, means you are going to be delayed?

By how long? Who knows?

Programming is never that easy, when you think you fixed one thing, two more can show up and break everything. You never can put up program that gona work in 100%, it is just impossible right now.

But true is that they should say more about on what exacly they work on, and give us info if it gona be delayed too much.

I am aware that stuff happens but they can always tell what is happening and what we can expect.

Having a delay without saying what is going on is still worse than having a delay and telling what is going on and what is coming.

True, a message saying, we know we were going to have it out but we are still bedding down issues, would go a long way.

If you remember we are getting Demon Hunter Sombra early this year. It could be that