What the actual F blizzard…

My friend finally completed his placement matches (took him 24 games solo Que!!!) we are both placed bronze DESPITE me leaving OW1 high diamond, also WTF! But, my issue is that we are BOTH bronze, yet cannot play together because the game says we are not in the same competitive pool. How does this make ANY SENSE at all!? We are both bronze… is it this stupid hidden MMR/SR garbage where I’m still actually a diamond, but the game makes me a bronze just because OW2 devs want to force people to grind? This is trash! Getting stuck with crap team mates every game, and also not being able to play with my IRL best friend of 20 years despite being the same exact rank.

10 Likes

oh look at this beauty of a game: tell me how this matchmaker cant spot this obvious poo.
FKHR3T

rather than dealing with smurfs…this game is actively creating them.

That diamond can’t queue with bronze i guess it’s a good thing.
That diamond is forced to have 50% win rate in bronze i guess it’s blizzard logic of “fair” experience :smiley:

They fixing it. Lets see what kind of logic they will come out this time. At this point i just pray that it would not be worse.

And yea, it’s hidden MMR

the entire game is a fake rigged joke.
there is no defending it.

They’re not fixing it, because their LinkedIn profiles haven’t updated.
We need them out of gaming, and we needed that yesteryear.

The same trashcans are employed, telling you they’re “very excited” while they lie to your face about the entire experience. The ladder couldn’t be more staged. Even the WWE is taking cues from Buzzvision.

That’s why i pray. :smiley:

1 Like

thats your problem there…you must make a sacrifice to ODIN

This post needs more publicity even though its poorly worded, so I’m leaving a comment.

This is the whole MMR and SR being crazy disconnected this.

It is bad design. I know it, the person who made the matchmaker originally knows it, the streamers know it, the players know it, everyone knows it, even the people making the choices for direction knows it.

I think it will be fixed soon.

(oh, I noticed this looks like I work for BE, I don’t, I just have made matchmakers and know the position of the original matchmaker dev, and listen to people from the dev team.)

My bad dude, posted it in a fit of rage in between a few matches :joy: had to edit it a few times to remove curse words!

Like I miss in OW1 being able to do placements with my friends, and in 10 games we get our rank and continue to climb or fall together. SR needs to make a comeback, and it would be even better if we got to see our MMR as well, and see a 10 game placement return. Win or loss, 10 games. It’s CRAZY they expect some people to grind dozens of matches just to finally get a rank.

100%. This feels terrible.

Are you all dumb?

“Not in the same competitive pool” means someone’s on pc and someone’s on console…

3 Likes

We probably expect that someone who was diamond in OW1 would have thought about that or atleast mention it in here.

1 Like

We are both on PC, so try that one again.

It likely has nothing to do with MMR and more to do with the fact the maximum difference between two people is 1000 sr. The obvious problem is that SR is hidden and bronze still uses the old range from OW1, which is 0-1499. What that means is you’re somehow more than 1k apart but there’s no way to know for certain because their hidden sr bs.

He is bronze 2, I’m bronze 1. Wouldn’t think it’s 1k apart

The games good but the systems, MM rank are complete garbage. There is no excuse for it the game is currently unplayable in all modes due to the incredibly poor match quality across the board.

You’re not though. That’s the only reason it would say not in the same pool…

1 Like

Stylosa made a video on this a week or so ago. A large number of people got set back to very low ranks while still having a very high MMR. You could very well have a diamonds MMR and be in bronze. This is why when you watch those unranked to GM videos, like the one Yeatle did for Ramatra, where he placed Plat 5 and had low masters in his games. After he hit Plat 1 he had top 500’s in his games. It’s no longer the OW1 placements and brackets. I think they are addressing this in season 3.