What tanks in 5v5 feel like

Gold and silver together make up more than 50% of the player base

1 Like

No arguments? There is & never was anything about Hammond that made him a defender like Rein alone.

Before the barrier nerfs, the match was already lost if your tank teammates went Hammond & Hog. It meant no defense for you, meanwhile the other team had old Rein, old Sigma, Orisa, Zarya, old DVA or Winston. They all had barriers, meaning that team was never gonna die, and that team was one that wins. Not to mention, Hog & Hammond are feeders, so the other team had ults at a faster rate.

Hammond isnt a defender, and in OW2, there will be NO defenders, and the role name needs to be changed to Bruiser, Brawler or Heavy, because that’s what they’ll be. No defense, all damage.

the two are not remotely alike, and I hope and pray no one would ever do such a thing

I find it highly inappropriate that this was used as a comparison, even aside form its complete invalidity in a comparison of this sort

but they want to make big changes though, 5 players will help with queues too

If I was to be playing a Zarya as shown in the 5v5 reveal, I’d be using my bubbles on my two dive DPS (Say Doom/Tracer) and cleaning up on the back end, not frontlining.

Honestly as things develop I’d expect to never see rein in 5v5 meta, there’s just no way you can really deal with flanks or highgrounds so if you want to play rush losing the DVA is just too much

Yeah zarya just won’t be able to do anything, the only thing I could imagine her doing is using doomfist as a maintank and let him feed with 2 bubbles

Basically just play like orisa with no shield

Literally the solo tank, anyone who says otherwise has long term memory loss

I imagine orisa and Winston will be grand, Sig will need some help but can be reworked

1 Like

So fat DPS. All tanks but maybe Rein will become fat DPS. I say all but Rein because few people below diamond will adapt when it comes to Rein. He will always be played as a shield bot in the lower ranks.

Considering how many variables there are with changing the game to 5v5 there is going to have to be some massive balance that will need to be worked out. Now most of that will need to be done via the players feedback. There is no way blizz can test every comp and get reliable data in a fairly quick time frame. Now if they want to wait a few years for their test team to digest everything and test everything (which they might) the game will be DOA.

on rein he’s a bit of a wild card because indeed it’s based on what the other changes are.
For sigma he actually risks being the best since he’s an off tank with a shield, something no other hero is. He walks the line between the two and in a solo tank environment he’ll be strong since he can both deal with frontline and backline protection.

Winston i remember mentioning they want to give him one more ability, i think he’d need something to help against armor, maybe a passive that only he is exempt from armor reduction. As for the ability maybe he needs something to help with survival a bit since without a dva he’s screwed.

Orisa might work as a solo tank, but they need to buff her halth so she can actually be a threat to flanks