What tanks could we possibly see in the future?

Flamethrower tank! Flashy weapons are both awesome and might encourage our DPS brethren to have a look.

3 Likes

Funny thing is, we kinda have a complete makeover with the ED-209 concept in game.

DVA is practically a korean remake of the classic war machine, added more feminine flair, some better tech - and yet sport lousier auto cannons.

Fair, but I meant more along the lines of a godless killing machine than a 1:1 to design concept, it’s that unyielding “you have 5 seconds to comply” personality that sells it. Maybe somethng close to a Dalek, if you feel me.

1 Like

Oh, i feel that absolutely.

I was fairly disappointed when i decided to purchase the OR 15 skin and try to make do with Orisa to fill the tank role - just to find out that it still uses the same voiceline as classic Orisa, which i disliked the first place.

And then comes the facepalm moment - i found the almost perfect robotic voice in the game, but they give it to…a hamster. :cry:

I just want jet pack cat.

1 Like

I hope for D.Mon and think she would be a great addition in terms of game health and queues times. D.Va is such a popular hero with a lot of one tricks, and I think D.Mon could provide a main tank that could draw over some of the D.Va players and hopefully make a main tank that off-tank players won’t mind playing. That would hopefully reduce the number of D.Va/Hog games and turn them into D.Mon/Hog.

2 Likes

Oh thats coming for OW2 it’s going to be a follower for Brig in her skill tree.

1 Like

The problem with that is: you would have 2 very identical character that almost overlap one another. Both pilots a mech, and both are also serving as tank.

So the difference would likely just their skills and cosmetics, which can feel redundant.

I’d far rather just see an off-toned set of heroes located to the left end, perfect center, and right end of the DPS lineup to indicate that they have more ‘tanky’, ‘supportive’, or both elements.

We don’t need even fewer tanks, nor only one homogenized vision of what a “proper” tank can be.

That’s like saying Ashe and McCree are the same because they are both western themed dps. Even though they follow similar ascetics they both have very distinct feel and play different enough from each other.

I imagine D.Mon wouldn’t be nearly as mobile as D.Va and won’t have matrix as her primary defense because too much damage bypasses matrix. I would hope she gets a second like passive like D.Va since pilot form is such an important part of the character, but would want her to have a different ult than self destruct.

2 Likes

Mauga seems to be a popular choice. I also can’t wait to see his interactions with Baptiste when he finds out that he left Talon behind.

1 Like

I want all of them: Mauga, Mama Hong, Junker Queen… God I hope they redesign D.Mon’s suit though. Look I’m sorry but D.Va’s looks like a little pink F-35 with sexy robo-thighs. D.Mon’s looks like an Imaginext playset from the clearance isle at Target.

at this point if they release a dps I will send jeff a glitter package

1 Like