What’s with the paranoia of skimpy skins?

Dva is a teenager - I don’t see why she NEEDS some sort of skimpy skin. I like that her new skin shows some skin but is still cute.

It fits the character.

I don’t care either way about more risqué looks in game, as long as it fits the hero. Example: feel all Widowmaker skins should have some risqué elements, bc that is how Blizzard built her.

Putting it on random characters where it makes no sense is what makes it gross. It’s not the sexualized elements themselves.

7 Likes

I don’t really see why it’s necessary to have them. Kids also play this game as well. I’d rather the skins just look cool or fun than have devs worrying about how much skin they show.

3 Likes

Yeah I agree. Widowmaker’s costuming is literally made for femme fatale. But if they sexualized Pharah it would be horrible (not bikini, like a full skin show bikini).

When you’re backed in a corner always try the curtain call maneuver at least once to save yourself lmao

1 Like

Top 500 strategy, guaranteed results.

1 Like

Lately it seems that there are a number of peep on the internet that demonize anything that might remotely have a little bit of female sex appeal.

It’s stupid really… little bit of skin and its automatically a “OMG u be Sexualizing!!!, rage!!!”.

I remember logically destroying an “outrage warrior” last year. She/He was angry that people wanted a Lifeguard Mercy skin. I knew that person would be banned and threads deleted because they were personally attacking anybody who tried to give a logical counter argument… and yes they were and threads deleted.

10 Likes

Yeah I agree. It’s perfectly ok to show skin.

and for whatever reason some people see sexy as cool and fun. I don’t see why that’s so hard to grasp.

The “kids play this game” is just a completely useless argument only used to make people that want this like they’re somehow bad people. What, do you cover your kids eyes whenever you go to the beach? are they not allowed to look in the mirror unless theyre fully clothed?

5 Likes

No, but there’s no need to unnecessarily sexualize heroes in a video game made to appeal to a younger audience. Most parents I know wouldn’t want their young kids to play a game like Dead or Alive either. Would you want to have Soldier or McCree have a skin where they’re in a jockstrap or a G-string, or does your idea of sexy/skimpy skins being fun only apply to the female heroes?

You’re welcome to have your opinion that skimpy skins would be fun for you or others, just as I’m welcome to the opinion that they’re unnecessary. There’s plenty of other games out there that have characters half naked for you to play.

10 Likes

Goddess Mercy. Barbarian Zarya. Tracer Summer Games skins.

Literally every Bastion skin. :yum:

3 Likes

Most of the roster wears skintight (to the point of it being PAINT) outfits. Symmetra’s clothes usually have slits on the side past her hips and some modesty shorts. Mercy has some of the deepest cleavage as well as most revealing skirts in the cast.

There’s no paranoia, this game just isn’t pandering to people who want to see the characters oversexed. Widowmaker being an exception since she’s an actual archtype : Femme Fatale.

There’s tons of fanart out there if you wanna ogle, don’t blame the art dept for trying to have a certain standard.

6 Likes

Good god… I dunno how that keeps getting by. Just naked all the time.

2 Likes

Well, to be fair…I don’t think anybody is asking for Pole-Stripper Mercy or Banana Hammock McCree. :slight_smile:

Slight nitpick… OW is made to appeal to a “wide” audience…not just younger.

You’re right, but that wide audience also includes younger kids. I have two nieces, 6 and 8, who love watching me play. I’d rather not have to explain to them why someone’s half naked on my screen, whether it’s just the level of swimwear/bikinis or no.

2 Likes

who cares if kids play this? it’s not like they’re wearing lingerie…

bikins are NORMAL and literally everyone wears them during the summer. i can garuntee you when mothers take their kids out to the beach they wear bikinis too.

11 Likes

I know, right? The only Bastion skin with actual clothes only has him with a hat. A HAT! That doesn’t cover up ANYTHING IMPORTANT!

How am i suppose to suppress my attraction to the Omnic Hunk when it refuses to cover up!

:laughing:

2 Likes

Each character has a basic model that all skins have to adhere too.

You will never see Mei without some form of gloves or thick sleeves over her hands because her model is programmed to have such features.

You will never see Pharah outside of her combat suit because her model has to adhere to such features.

You will never see Brigitte out of her amor because her model has to adhere to such features.

Widowmaker, Baby D.VA, and Symettra have form-fitting default outfits, which allows for some creativity to show off their skin, but you’ll never see them with anything bulkier because their models have to adhere to such features.

6 Likes

This bloody disease of modern age. “Kids play this game!”, yeah, kids play a shooter game. Kids watch movies with blood and gore too. What a logic.

Gotta protect the child from bikinis and shorts, but violence is fine. Hell. There are threads where people ask for the most bizzare came-up new-agey sexualities and similar nonsense.

“Make Hanzo incestous mtf trans demi-boy, geneder non-conforming but by all that is holy, protect the children from the inappropriacy of cleavages!”

15 Likes

And Pharah in a two-piece bikini. With water jets.

2 Likes

I’d rather not have to explain to them why someone’s half naked on my screen, whether it’s just the level of swimwear/bikinis or no.

“He a lifeguard, honey. He’s got to be ready to go swimming and save lives at a moments notice!”

10 Likes